• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

BookMan

Beach Lover
Jun 23, 2008
Blue Mountain Beach
I dumped Mediacom after eight months of horribly slow and intermittent internet service, not to mention the orange cable that was strung across my lawn for entire time even though I called at least twenty times to have it buried. I now have an Air Card that although is not as fast as a cable connections should be consistently out performs my old Mediacom connection, even streaming video from sights such as HULU.

NightAngel

Beach Fanatic
Aug 28, 2006
The Village
I live off Bay dr and we have problems constantly with mediacom internet. you will going along just fine and then nothing. I reboot the cable modem and go to my internet connections and click repair and it goes fine again for awhile. I have called them several times and almost everytime they tell me that they are experiencing *issues* in our area and the one time I talked to a person, she said everything looked fine and to just reboot the modem and the router. :bang:

Natural Clean

Beach Lover
Oct 9, 2008
I live in a fairly new subdivision, that may be why my mediacom experience has been decent. (internet only, thier tv offerings are abysmal, I got a satelite) My only problem was when I do call, their hold times are at least 15-20 minutes.:bang: When I used to have COX, I would get through in just a few minutes, and sometimes right away.

Why dont all of you with MC problems just go the DSL route for internet? I almost did, but they require you to pay for a home phone too. I only have cell phones.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I live in a fairly new subdivision, that may be why my mediacom experience has been decent. (internet only, thier tv offerings are abysmal, I got a satelite) My only problem was when I do call, their hold times are at least 15-20 minutes.:bang: When I used to have COX, I would get through in just a few minutes, and sometimes right away.

Why dont all of you with MC problems just go the DSL route for internet? I almost did, but they require you to pay for a home phone too. I only have cell phones.

Speed is the main issue, basic DSL is much slower than a cable modem. To get near cable modem speeds you have to pay more than cable service is going to cost. Also the DNS issues with DSL are a nightmare if you deal with live video.

Theolddestin

Beach Crab
Oct 9, 2008
I dumped Mediacom after eight months of horribly slow and intermittent internet service, not to mention the orange cable that was strung across my lawn for entire time even though I called at least twenty times to have it buried. I now have an Air Card that although is not as fast as a cable connections should be consistently out performs my old Mediacom connection, even streaming video from sights such as HULU.

Mediacom is awful! We had to threaten to call the FCC to have their contract pulled before we had any help at all! If enough people complain we can get them out of this area once and for all, or at least have some other choices!

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Mediacom is awful! We had to threaten to call the FCC to have their contract pulled before we had any help at all! If enough people complain we can get them out of this area once and for all, or at least have some other choices!

It's been discussed before. Basically another company needs to apply for to the county. Basically the better option is to try and lure another company to the area.

Jychf

Beach Lover
Jan 10, 2008
SRB

Thompson road.....although I've had problems as well for the past few weeks.

lennonsdarlin

Beach Lover
May 13, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach

That is so funny...I"ve had service for over 2 years and just got my cable buried last week...so shallow you can still see the orange!!!:yikes:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005

Did anyone fall asleep?

Last edited: