• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
This article will not go away...someone just emailed it to me and I have not read the article and just want to delete this message. Is the issue people have with the article that vacationers will not come visit and that property values will drop and/or that it was unfair journalism? Maybe those vacationers will just go to Aruba and Paris instead. I say...go right ahead.

Coast is Clear

Beach Lover
Jun 26, 2005
Atlanta/Seaside
I agree! If 30-A is too tough a place to come visit, then don't.

As far as Seside goes, part of the problem is than many people don't even use the driveways that are with the cottages. Our house in Seaside (2005) was required to have 2 parking spots ON the lot. The street did not count. While I was initially upset with having to give up the space, it probably was for the best and was an early indication Seaside saw the writing on the wall.

Santiago

Beach Fanatic
May 29, 2005
seagrove beach
Camp Creek Kid said:
Its all good. However, be careful in the assumptions that you make. I quite possibly know more about the Cottages at Camp Creek than you realize. Perhaps I knew "first hand from the developer" of the development plan long before he ever spoke to you about the project.

By-the-way, the Cottages at Camp Creek is not at the maximum density that it is zoned for. The "facts" that you speak of are not accurate. The land condo designation has to do with water retention issues and vegetation conservation while obtaining a certain density. It wasn't specifically to cram as many units on the property as possible, as you infer in your posts.

While the project was going through the approval process, several citizens and community groups complemented the developer for his creative plan and his attention to conservation and community concerns. The cottages has maintained its 51% native vegetation conservation.

I'm fine if you don't like the project. However, please make sure that your "facts" are accurate before you post them publically.
Got it. Camp Creek Cottages rules. Its the mecca of all development on 30a. Seaside could learn a lot from Camp Creek Cottages. Some people and community groups compliment every project that gets developed on 30a. What does that mean? Excuse me for having an opinion different than yours.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
While I do understand your concerns of parking in Seaside, this is what I see when I go to Seaside:

PC100090.JPG

PC100096.JPG

PC100099.JPG

PC100098.JPG

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Beach Runner said:
What drug are you on, man? I want some of that! :rotfl:
Honey, it is all about your focus. I also have the pleasure to see Seaside when not one car is on most of the streets of Seaside for a good 3-4 months. From one extreme to the other. In the winter, Seaside is mostly a ghost town.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
Smiling JOe said:
Honey, it is all about your focus. I also have the pleasure to see Seaside when not one car is on most of the streets of Seaside for a good 3-4 months. From one extreme to the other. In the winter, Seaside is mostly a ghost town.

"Honey????" I thought I was the only one you said that to. :sosad:

Smiling JOe said:
I hear ya. There are many times that we are at the bar at Shades watching basketball and ours is the only car parked on the Seaside semicircle. Of course, that will end as of late December. :sosad:

But blue skies and the absence of clutter is not how I think of Seaside anymore. I think chaos.

Mermaid said:
"Honey????" I thought I was the only one you said that to. :sosad:
Hey, he knows me too well. I like to say "honey" when emphasizing a point and trying to avoid being generic.

Actually I don't walk to Seaside. I try to *run* there as often as my feet will allow. I pretty much know the turf in this area from running it and seeing it up close and personal, unlike one could do in a car or on a bike.

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
BR, do you drive, walk, or bike to Seaside. I rather enjoy walking around on the back streets. I quickly forget any chaos around Quincy Circle. Sure there are SUVs in Seaside, but they are in Atlanta too, along with 2 million other cars.