• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SoWalSally

Beach Fanatic
Feb 19, 2005
In response to many raves, compliments and requests, the Seaside Music Ministry has recorded and released its first Christmas CD.
The group?s first CD was recorded last year during a regular church service. This first Christmas CD, however, was recorded in the backyard studio of Billy McConnell?s Seagrove home in October. It was released Nov. 23.
The individuals making up the music ministry group come from a variety of backgrounds ? theater, real estate, marketing and professional musician ? but all pooled their talents for this effort, which will support Seaside Chapel. They include vocalists Jennifer Steele Saunders and Katie Baldvinsson; David Seering on piano, trumpet and vocals; Don Kupski on guitar and keyboard, and Billy McConnell on bass. Recording, mixing and mastering was by Kupski.
Kupski said the recording was made because a number of folks who attend Seaside Chapel services requested a Christmas CD to use as a gift and for personal enjoyment.
A CD of chapel music from Sunday services was released Dec. 23, 2004 and is still available, although less than 200 remain. Kupski said the group plans to record more CDs in the future ? possibly one to two times per year ? because of the demand.
McConnell said a case was sold the first day the new one became available.
McConnell has had his backyard studio for a couple of years, mostly for his use and to occasionally help other folks with demos and such, he said. He has performed on approximately half a dozen CDs, but this was the first full length one done at his Seagroove studio.
The CD is sold at the chapel on Sundays, at Simple in Seagrove Beach and at Sun Dog Books in Seaside. The price is $20 with all proceeds benefiting the chapel.

Oldtimer

Beach Lover
Nov 16, 2004
Mississippi Bound
SoWalSally said:
In response to many raves, compliments and requests, the Seaside Music Ministry has recorded and released its first Christmas CD.
The group?s first CD was recorded last year during a regular church service. This first Christmas CD, however, was recorded in the backyard studio of Billy McConnell?s Seagrove home in October. It was released Nov. 23.
The individuals making up the music ministry group come from a variety of backgrounds ? theater, real estate, marketing and professional musician ? but all pooled their talents for this effort, which will support Seaside Chapel. They include vocalists Jennifer Steele Saunders and Katie Baldvinsson; David Seering on piano, trumpet and vocals; Don Kupski on guitar and keyboard, and Billy McConnell on bass. Recording, mixing and mastering was by Kupski.
Kupski said the recording was made because a number of folks who attend Seaside Chapel services requested a Christmas CD to use as a gift and for personal enjoyment.
A CD of chapel music from Sunday services was released Dec. 23, 2004 and is still available, although less than 200 remain. Kupski said the group plans to record more CDs in the future ? possibly one to two times per year ? because of the demand.
McConnell said a case was sold the first day the new one became available.
McConnell has had his backyard studio for a couple of years, mostly for his use and to occasionally help other folks with demos and such, he said. He has performed on approximately half a dozen CDs, but this was the first full length one done at his Seagroove studio.
The CD is sold at the chapel on Sundays, at Simple in Seagrove Beach and at Sun Dog Books in Seaside. The price is $20 with all proceeds benefiting the chapel.

My Dad bought one of these for each of us five siblings and the music is beautiful. Of course, we all think that Jennifer sounds the BEST!!!! Thanks for mentioning the CD. And, thanks, Dad, for the nice Christmas gift. :clap_1: :clap_1:

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
Don and I worked together when he lived in Louisville. The last time my husband and I were in Grayton - June - I read an article about the Seaside Chapel and the members of the band. Road my bike over to the Chapel and there he was - knew there couldn't be another Don Kupski on keyboards in the South. It had been 10 years. Nice visit together, later on our porch in Grayton. Small world. Wish someone would offer me a job on 30A!