• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
I am starting to get reports that food banks in our area are in need of donations. "Running dry" and "bare" are a few terms I've heard this week.If anyone has any info, please post it. If you have a pantry with extra can goods, I am sure that there is a hungry family in Walton that would appreciate it. I'm cleaning my pantry out tomorrow and donating whatever I have to give. Please consider doing the same. I don't miss a meal, and have a stocked freezer, but I am worried that some kids and seniors in our area might not.
Thanks.:wave:

chrisv

Beach Fanatic
Nov 15, 2004
Freeport, Florida
I know that the South Walton Ministerial Association, the group of the south Walton churches, are conducting a food drive to restock Caring and Sharing's shelves. They are all collecting food and will take it to Good News UMC on Tuesday for a community-wide Thanksgiving service. I'm sure any church can accept the gifts, but I know St. Rita's and Good News are for sure.

All area Publix' are also doing a food drive, they have pre-pulled bags of food that you can buy and they will match the gift and donate it for you.

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
I know that the South Walton Ministerial Association, the group of the south Walton churches, are conducting a food drive to restock Caring and Sharing's shelves. They are all collecting food and will take it to Good News UMC on Tuesday for a community-wide Thanksgiving service. I'm sure any church can accept the gifts, but I know St. Rita's and Good News are for sure.

All area Publix' are also doing a food drive, they have pre-pulled bags of food that you can buy and they will match the gift and donate it for you.

Thanks, Chris. This is exactly the type of info I was hoping this thread would bring out. Anyone who knows of any organization collecting food, please post it here.:wave:

organicmama

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2006
WNC
wncfarmtotable.org
More help in SoWal for needy families

In a few days, I will have some info on a Holiday Dinner for families in need this season that Heartworks is hosting with Barlovento, LLC & Great Southern Cafe. We're working out the details right now regarding dates, etc.

We're going to be having a food drive at the both Publix, in Sandestin & WaterColor the weekend before it, so we can have that on hand for families/people in need also.

By the weekend, we will have more info on it & I will post the flyer on here. Aleonard, this was the info that I was saying on FB that I needed to talk to you about.

Last edited:

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
In a few days, I will have some info on a Holiday Dinner for families in need this season that Heartworks is hosting with Barlovento, LLC & Great Southern Cafe. We're working out the details right now regarding dates, etc.

We're going to be having a food drive at the both Publix, in Sandestin & WaterColor the weekend before it, so we can have that on hand for families/people in need also.

By the weekend, we will have more info on it & I will post the flyer on here. Aleonard, this was the info that I was saying on FB that I needed to talk to you about.

Send it to me when you get it worked up and I'll sub it for the paper.:wave:

rapunzel

Beach Fanatic
Nov 30, 2005
Point Washington
PJ's Coffee is doing a wonderful thing -- they've asked customers to bring in the makings of a Thanksgiving dinner -- stuffing mix, canned green beans, cream of mushroom soup, instant mashed potatoes, jar of gravy, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, and apple pie filling. They will donate a turkey to go with the canned goods and give it to a family in need.

Thanks, PJ's!