• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Just wanted to let everyone know that I have changed my website so that you can see the foreclosures updated on a daily basis. It is broken down by area. You can see them at www.JoshMcleanHomes.com

Your site shows just 3 forecosure homes on 30A. Are these properties that have sold at public auction and are re-listed by the new owner?

Are these the only foreclosures?

JoshMclean

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2007
Santa Rosa Beach
Those are the only bank owned foreclosures listed through the MLS. There may be more that are packaged and sold to investor groups in bulk? Plenty that the bank still hasn't taken back yet. I have Santa Rosa Beach and 30A in two different categories. I probably should have put "the rest of 30A". If you look in Santa Rosa Beach you will see more.

fisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 19, 2005
Josh,

Based on what I am seeing in the pending and closing data recently, it appears that November and December 2008 could be by far the worst two months of sales activity in recent memory. Does that correspond with what you are seeing in the market?

JoshMclean

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2007
Santa Rosa Beach
Josh,

Based on what I am seeing in the pending and closing data recently, it appears that November and December 2008 could be by far the worst two months of sales activity in recent memory. Does that correspond with what you are seeing in the market?

It doesn't look like it. Novemeber sales on single family homes between Destin and Inlet Beach totalled 42. That's higher than November of 2006 (34) and 2007 (39). It was the lowest sales total of the year, but that's pretty normal at the end of the year. Average price sold is about average for the year. Inventory was still down a little.

December looks to be about the same right now, but I'll let you know tomorrow when the final stats are out.

30ashopper

SoWal Insider
Apr 30, 2008
Right here!
Josh,

I was looking as this myself, since historically, November is a pretty good month for SoWal. 1999 and 2000 sales hit their highest secondary peak in November. This year however we are looking about even compared to the last two years. In September things were looking up but now sales are back down - no doubt due to the credit crisis.

fisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 19, 2005
It doesn't look like it. Novemeber sales on single family homes between Destin and Inlet Beach totalled 42. That's higher than November of 2006 (34) and 2007 (39). It was the lowest sales total of the year, but that's pretty normal at the end of the year. Average price sold is about average for the year. Inventory was still down a little.

December looks to be about the same right now, but I'll let you know tomorrow when the final stats are out.

Thanks for the info. Much better than I thought based on the data I have been seeing.

Josh,

Josh and Fisher,

I'm not a Realtor. Is there a site for the public that lists pending, etc. in real time?

JC

Joe Mammy

Beach Lover
Mar 26, 2007
Josh and Fisher,

I'm not a Realtor. Is there a site for the public that lists pending, etc. in real time?

JC

One click to the current Destin pendings as well as sales in the previous month on my site. Plus daily reductions vs increases and brand new listings.