• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
http://blog.al.com/goldmine/2008/12/tommy_tuberville_is_out_as_aub.html

Tommy Tuberville is out as Auburn's football coach, The Birmingham News has learned.
An official announcement could come today.
Tuberville was 85-40 in 10 years at Auburn, and is 110-60 in 14 years as a college head coach. His final season at Auburn ended with a 36-0 loss to Alabama last Saturday to finish off a disappointing 5-7 record.
Tuberville met with Athletics Director Jay Jacobs on Tuesday and Wednesday. He met with university President Jay Gogue on Monday.
Tuberville is fourth all time in wins in Auburn. He was the fourth-longest tenured coach in school history. Tuberville's best season was also Auburn's best season. The Tigers were 13-0 in 2004.

Who is the next coach?

Arkiehawg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 14, 2007
SoWal
Last edited:

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach
4 years ago they were undefeated and should have been Natl. Champs.
Tubby was 6-1 against Allybammer.....(aka the arch enemy)

Memories are truly short.......Way to go War Beagle.....my money is that you will regret this in the long run.......:cool:

Auburn's not the only school guilty of this, just the most recent. I wish someone would give me a multimillion dollar contract, then can me. I'd cry my way through the Mediterranean on my private yacht. Boo hoo.

I don't think it's a matter of intelligence. The big donors highly influence the firing and hiring of coaches. It has happened before at Auburn and at many other Div. I universities. These big donors at Auburn, just like the Bull Gators at The University of Florida, get pleasure when their team wins. So if their team doesn't win, they want to move on. Just my opinion.

GatorsGal

Beach Comber
Nov 5, 2007
Panic move big time! He beat Bama 6 in a row, went undefeated a few years ago, and is a damn fine coach. He will land a very good job somewhere.

Lowder is the biggest booster. His net worth dropped from about 150 mil down to 10 or so with Colonial Bank. His bank gets a big bailout and 24 hours later Tubberville is fired. Makes you wonder.