• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
It's called coach envy. I have to say Tubberville and Fulmer are 2 of the best coaches out there. I think Fulmer was past his prime and was losing control of the team and lost energy recruiting which is half the battle at UT - anywhere really but especially there. Makes me think Cutcliffe was the real coach there, especially after seeing what he did at Ole Miss and Duke and what happened to UT both times he left. Fulmer needs good assistants apparently and hasn't had many lately.

I think Lowder has wanted Tubberville gone for awhile and got the final excuse he needed to force him out. I will be surprised if they land a big fish.

dragonfly1

Beach Lover
Aug 20, 2007
I agree. As an AU alum, I am sorry to see Coach Tubs go. As for the SEC champ game tomorrow....I will say something I never say......GO GATORS.......anyone but BAMA!!!!! WAR EAGLE....what goes around comes around........

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
What do Auburn fans think of their new coach? I know what Iowa State thinks.

When Chizik was hired, I told some media colleagues in confidence that his stay at Iowa State would be three years maximum. Either he would fail miserably and be fired or he would have a little success and jump on the very first opportunity that came along to move back south. Now I must admit, even I am surprised at the bizarre turn of events whereby he failed miserably at Iowa State and still got to jump on the very first opportunity that came along to move back south. What the hell Auburn is thinking is anybody's guess. And who cares. Because it just unburdened Iowa State of its most unprepared, overmatched and incompetent head coach of the modern era.

mikecat adjuster

Beach Fanatic
Oct 18, 2007
Seagrove.
www.myspaceherspace.com
I am LSU all the way, but also an SEC fan. I have appreciated Auburn's play over the past number of years. I thought Tubberville was a fine coach. The SEC is particularly bad with firing coaches, although I know it goes on everywhere. My point is, that for most of teh schools, to compete for a championship within the division is a joke. So for teams like Vanderbilt (I know they didn't fire their coach, just saying) or Mississippi, or like Arkansas last year, is just window dressing. Seriously, Housto Nutt, I thought, was one of the best coaches in the country. I always knew when we faced his team, that he would bring a prepared team and that he would fight hard. He would go on forth down, do whatever it took to win. Heck, they beat us last year, a year when we won the National Championship.

At least Vanderbilt finally realized something, and held on to a coach and has actually had relative success in doing so. The second tear teams will not win in the SEC. So every couple years they'll fire there coach just to rejuvinate interest, and then continue losing. Kentucky, Hal Mummy was a good coach. Guess what, they won't win. Ole Miss, South Carolina, Vanderbilt, Mississippi State etc. will not win consistently again Florida, Georgia, LSU, AUburn, Alamama, Tennessee. It just won't happen. And when you realize that you have about 6 teams that could possibly, on any given year, compete for the National Championship, do you really think you'll go through a season unscathed each year. Look at LSU. A pretty good team this year, minus a quaterback, and they lose 5 games.

Tubberville was a damn fine coach. He always shortened the game against LSU and made it go to the end, winning some of those games when LSU had the better teams. I was very surprised to see him get let go. He is solid. I'm surprised Tenessee wasn't interested in him.

Go Tigers!