• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SharonVaughn

Beach Comber
Feb 21, 2008
Seacrest Beach
I had been dying to try La Botana since they opened and finally got the chance to visit on Wednesday night for the Caring & Sharing/Girls Night out deal... WOW!

To start of the atmosphere is so very cozy and inviting complete with some live music. It really made me want to settle in and enjoy a couple bottles of wine... which is what we did. My boyfriend, my 6-year old son and myself enjoyed the scene and the MOST friendly service staff for a couple of hours. In fact the staff was so sweet, welcoming, informative and responsive that would have been enough to inspire me to take the time to give my feedback in this public ...

I would love to give Kudos to the tall gentleman behind the bar who helped us make our ordering decisions. He was not wrong. I would mention him by name, however the wine was so delicious I can't seem to remember it!

For the girls night out festivities they offered complimentary guacamole and salsa with chips which was very fresh, and tasty! Myself and my 2 fine companions then ordered a few other items so we could experience a little of everything.

The Queso Fresco was velvety, rich and quite tasty. Some fresh jalapeno peppers added some fire to the experience. This was a good simple starter that we all enjoyed.

The Torta de Carne was heavenly! While it was a "sandwich" it was not overstuffed and the flavors of the tender and savory beef and melted cheese nestled inside the warm soft specialty bread offered the perfect bite. This is offered with beans, however we requested it without - we just aren't bean people... My son (a very picky eater) enjoyed half of this on his own!

Finally, the Sincronizadas.... again ordered without beans - was like a little delicate quesadilla! the gentleman behind the bar suggested we select the ham filling and he was not mistaken. Although we normally would choose beef or chicken, the ham really did compliment the texture, flavors, and overall enjoyability of the Sincronizadas.

The ingredients were all fresh, the presentation was simple and pretty, and the flavors followed that through to complete satisfaction.

I can't wait to return and discover some new surprises on their menu!

seaschnells

Beach Lover
Jun 11, 2008
Seagrove
I think you are speaking of Shane behind the bar. He and the rest of the staff are great! Our food last night was also fabulous! They are having another event tomorrow night for caring and sharing. Everyone come out and bring a toy for Caring and Sharing and spread a little holiday cheer!

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
To start of the atmosphere is so very cozy and inviting complete with some live music. It really made me want to settle in and enjoy a couple bottles of wine... which is what we did. My boyfriend, my 6-year old son and myself enjoyed the scene and the MOST friendly service staff for a couple of hours.

:lolabove:...I know you didn't mean it this way, but that made me laugh!

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
It is located in Seagrove next to Amavida and Flip-Flops Grill in the yellow commericial/condo buildings on the North side of the road just east of Cassine.