• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

lost in sowal

Beach Comber
Jun 15, 2005
How much would a 1 acre mostly (if not all) wetland lot in Pt Washington north of Grayton Beach be worth? Could probably be permitted but if not would be good for mitigation.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
lost in sowal said:
How much would a 1 acre mostly (if not all) wetland lot in Pt Washington north of Grayton Beach be worth? Could probably be permitted but if not would be good for mitigation.

There are several lots currently listed in that area. The majority of the one acre lots in that area are between Dawson St and Bay Drive. Those lots, some with mobile homes, have been listed around $350K, but I seem to recall the last one selling around $250k-$270K. It was not wet. You should be able to buy a dry one for around $320K. Price for wet? it just depends on how wet.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I just looked, and there are three active listings for lots in that subdivision, Bayside Heights Ranchettes. They are priced at $335K, $350K and $375K.

One is pending, and the list price is $300K. However, this lot went under contract in Jan '05. It is tied up in an estate, and is expected to close at the end of Dec '05.

There are a few For Sale By Owners in that s/d, too.

There is a mobile home on Dawson St with water standing in the back yard priced at $433K.

Worth??? Good Question. On the east side of Dawson Street is Grayton Bayou, where the interior lots are 1/6th of an acre, and they are priced between $220K and $375K.

lost in sowal

Beach Comber
Jun 15, 2005
It is my understanding the the USACE will allow wetland impacts of up to 10% which would allow for roughly 4300+ sq ft if it was completely wet. I know the state would have some say in the issue also, but if only 10% was impacted and the remaining parcel was put in a conservation easement I wonder what would happen and what a 1 acre lot with 4300sq ft of buildable area would be worth. Questions, questions...