• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
I am disappointed by the tone of this thread. Of course, no garbage. But to think that tents don't belong. I had no idea. We can only afford to go to a beach one week a year. We want to stay near the water all day long without burning - the tents are great.
I have been disappointed in one thing at Grayton Beach. Your cars. So you don't like the vacationers bringing tents but it's alright to ruin the view with trucks and cars?

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
I don't mind the cars so much. I wish I could use my truck to haul all my junk down to the beach instead of lugging it all the way down the beach. One year old children sure come with a bunch of stuff. :blink:

Apr 16, 2005
Buckeye Country
UofL said:
I am disappointed by the tone of this thread. Of course, no garbage. But to think that tents don't belong. I had no idea. We can only afford to go to a beach one week a year. We want to stay near the water all day long without burning - the tents are great.
I have been disappointed in one thing at Grayton Beach. Your cars. So you don't like the vacationers bringing tents but it's alright to ruin the view with trucks and cars?

I think you may have misunderstood, it's leaving the tents on the beach overnight that is a problem.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
No one leaves their vehicles on the beach for a week, or even overnight. There's been threads on here about pros and cons of vehicles, even a poll so you might want to vote. As long as it's legal people will drive on the beach.

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
With my luck, the one day I decide to leave my tent overnight, a turtle would get tangled up in it. "Nooo, that's not my tent."

graytonrbust

Beach Lover
Nov 15, 2004
Wellington, AL
Smiling JOe said:
I don't understand. :dunno:
Surely, you are not suggesting that wealthy people are more conscientious than poor. If you are, shame on you. I have been blessed with the meeting of a diverse large number people on this earth, and I have quickly learned that one's income level or wealth does not make a person who he or she is. I could begin to rattle off many stories to prove my point, but I will refrain.

:clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1: well said

graytonrbust

Beach Lover
Nov 15, 2004
Wellington, AL
UofL said:

....or the people puling up right beside you and your little ones playing, and start fishing. I don't know, but it seems to me that all that bait, blood, etc. would lure sharks?

Does It? I always wondered, and try to stay away, or move if someone gets too close to me.

Can't we just all get along????

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I wouldn't worry about bait attracting sharks, except for a few sharks that take the bait and are caught on the beach.

Shark fishing from the beach is now illegal, but some still do it. However, I haven't seen anyone chum the water in a long time. Apparently that's what they were doing in Pensacola last year when the kid got attacked.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Walton County Code of Ordinances: Article IV, Sec. 22-54,
c)Fishing. It shall be unlawful for any person:
2) While on the beach or within 2500 feet from shore to intentionally fish for sharks or to fish by those methods commonly know as "chumming" or "bloodbaiting."...

As a side note, umbrellas are easy to set up and remove and can provide as much shade as a tent.

Status
Not open for further replies.