• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Doubtfire

Beach Comber
Apr 22, 2008
So is that another 660, or do they have something even newer than it now?

No they are replacing the 660 I have with a NEW 660. Seem that will be a waste now that they got it back up. I tried to explain to them that it was on their end not mine, But hey I am a women what do I know :clap:
Now lets see what happens will it stay up or be up and down again? Only the DSL God will know! :dunno:

embarq_lamont

Beach Crab
Jul 15, 2008
Hello TreeFrog,

This is a message from Lamont with Embarq Customer Support. I am glad to see the service is back up and working for you. Please let me know if the issue re-occurs. We will continue to monitor our network for any opportunities to make improvements. Thank you for your patience and for being a valued Embarq customer.

Lamont L.
Embarq Customer Support
embarq_lamont@embarq.com
For additional support please visit www.embarq.com/freetv or call 1-877-646-3282
Voice | Data | Internet | Wireless | Entertainment

Anyone have any Embarq problems this week? Tuesday it was a little flaky, yesterday worse, and today I have no connectivity. I did the usual debugging on my end (even had an extra 660 to see if the other one has gotten gimped up by a lightning strike) with no success. They said the problem is on their end and that it'll take 24-48 hours to resolve it.

Right now I am online via by cell phone tethered to my laptop and connection via a dialup account where I work. Really fast -- 19.2 Kbps. :bang:

Guess I'll get offline so I don't tie up my cell.

ckhagen

Beach Fanatic
Aug 28, 2006
Well... my Mediacom cable was out for over 6 hours today. They said a main line was cut.

NOLA TRANSPLANT

Beach Lover
Jul 24, 2007
Yes mine is running slower than normal today as well.
I gotta tell ya Embarq is well less than stellar with its service.
I lived in New Orleans after Katrina and had less outages then with bellsouth than I do now with Embarq.

I hate Embarq

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
It is funny, most Embarq "high speed" is around 1Mbps while cable modems run around 5-7Mbps. Usually with Embarq you have to hit the $70.00+ DSL package to even come close.

It is funny, most Embarq "high speed" is around 1Mbps while cable modems run around 5-7Mbps. Usually with Embarq you have to hit the $70.00+ DSL package to even come close.
But nothing as far as our service contract has changed since we were here two weeks ago. But now when I'm on SoWal, I have to wait for the avatars, Kurt's banner, icons, etc. to download, whereas they used to render immediately.

Maybe I'll try a power cycle.