• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

kitemare1

Beach Comber
Apr 26, 2008
Panama City Beach - 30A Soon
I was kiteboarding the other day at Seaside and decided to let one of my friends ride for a while. He got rolled by a wave and ended up losing the board. It is a blue, skywalker board with 4 fins. Please contact Ed Rolen @ 850-814-2642 if anyone finds it. Probably washed up around Grayton or Dune Allen on Sunday morning. Thanks!

e

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Amen! I am always amazed when watching Ed kiteboard. He is incredible! Lets please help him find his board! On a side note, have you ever thought about getting a board leash, like the surfers use?

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I would walk down past WaterColor to the west. Pretty remote and the currents seem to be moving that way.

kitemare1

Beach Comber
Apr 26, 2008
Panama City Beach - 30A Soon
Amen! I am always amazed when watching Ed kiteboard. He is incredible! Lets please help him find his board! On a side note, have you ever thought about getting a board leash, like the surfers use?

Thanks Smiling Joe! Some people do use leashes. However, they create alot of head injuries usually. If you lose your board, tension builds up in the leash and it comes flying back at you @mach 9. e

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I will keep an eye out - be sure to contact the Sheriff's office and TDC so their patrols know. State Park rangers also.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
...and write or etch your name, email address and phone number into stuff like that.

bluemtnrunner

Beach Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
Thanks Smiling Joe! Some people do use leashes. However, they create alot of head injuries usually. If you lose your board, tension builds up in the leash and it comes flying back at you @mach 9. e

After your experience with getting dragged across 98 (at least that was the story I heard...the harrowing tale!!), I can't imagine you would want to be tethered to anything!!!!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
After your experience with getting dragged across 98 (at least that was the story I heard...the harrowing tale!!), I can't imagine you would want to be tethered to anything!!!!

I saw the scabs. :puke: , but if the kite line hadn't snapped, he would have been able to control the kite.