• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

graytonrbust

Beach Lover
Nov 15, 2004
Wellington, AL
Looking for a few new recipes to use while I am at Grayton next week, I was wondering if others were on the same search?
So, if anyone has any wonderful recipes that they would like to pass along, such as anything to do with seafood & drinks, non-alcoholic as well as alcoholic, please pass them along.

I plan on crabbing one day while there and my sis is going to fish, we thought it would be fun to try some new recipes, as well as our old favorites.

DBOldford

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Napa Valley, CA
Here is our favorite shrimp recipe when we are at Conch Out. It is easy to make and to clean up, plus the house doesn't smell like shrimp the rest of the week. I make the sauce a day or more ahead of time. We use this recipe for a surf 'n' turf dinner, buying filet mignons at a wonderful meat market just west of Panama City Beach. It is called The Carousel Meat Market and these are the best steaks I've ever had. (If this doesn't come through on the message board forum, I will send in in an attachment with private e-mail message. Have fun at Grayton. We can't get down there until October this year, but will have two weeks then and another two over the Christmas holiday.

graytonrbust

Beach Lover
Nov 15, 2004
Wellington, AL
Donna said:
We use this recipe for a surf 'n' turf dinner, buying filet mignons at a wonderful meat market just west of Panama City Beach. It is called The Carousel Meat Market and these are the best steaks I've ever had. (If this doesn't come through on the message board forum, I will send in in an attachment with private e-mail message. Have fun at Grayton. We can't get down there until October this year, but will have two weeks then and another two over the Christmas holiday.

Thanks so much... I know the Carousel, shopped there many times.
I am sure we will use this recipe, it looks wonderful.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I have two drink recipes for you, both of which I created.

Magnolia (non-alcoholic version of a Mimosa)
3 parts Fresca
1 part Orange Juice
Pour in tall glass over ice and garnish with slice of lime.

Smoothie

1 part Kettle One Vodka
2 parts Fresca
1 part Orange Juice
Serve in tall glass over ice. Stir. (do not shake b/c Fresca will spew.)

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
GRAYTON BEACH GROUPER SOUP

4 servings

1 1/2 lbs. Florida grouper fillets
1 teaspoon ground thyme
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon ground marjoram
non-stick cooking spray
1 teaspoon ground savory
2 15-ounce cans tomato sauce
1 cup chopped green onions
8 ounces sliced, fresh mushrooms

Cut fillets in pieces, approximately 2" x 2"; toss with paprika.
Lightly oil large skillet with cooking spray; brown fish on medium-high until it flakes easily when tested with a fork.
Remove from heat, set aside and keep warm.
In the same skillet combine tomato sauce, mushrooms, thyme, marjoram and savory; simmer on medium-low heat until mushrooms are tender.
Divide tomato sauce mixture evenly into four soup bowls; add fish and top with green onions.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
SoWal Gazpacho

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]8 large tomatoes
2 cucumbers
1 large green bell pepper
1 large yellow bell pepper
1 small purple onion
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded
1 large garlic clove
1 (32-ounce) bottle vegetable juice
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
? cup fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon paprika
2 to 3 teaspoons hot sauce
Toppings: sour cream, avocado slices, croutons, boiled shrimp, chopped fresh cilantro, chopped fresh mint
Garnish: green and yellow baby tomatoes, fresh basil sprigs
[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]PEEL tomatoes and cucumbers. Cut tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, and onion into quarters. Remove and discard cucumber and bell pepper seeds.
PROCESS vegetables, jalapeno pepper, and garlic in a blender or food processor until almost smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Transfer mixture to a large bowl, and stir in vegetable juice and next 6 ingredients. Cover and chill, stirring often, 8 hours. Serve with toppings, if desired. Garnish, if desired.
Yield: 12 ? cups.
Prep: 20 min., Chill: 8 hrs.
[/font]

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Grilled Corn with Jalapeno-Lime Butter

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]? cup butter, softened
2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
2 tablespoons grated lime rind
1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
6 ears fresh corn
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper

COMBINE first 4 ingredients, and shape into a 6-inch log; wrap in wax paper, and chill 1 hour.
RUB corn with olive oil; sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper.
GRILL corn, covered with grill lid, over high heat (400? to 500?), turning often, 15 to 20 minutes or until tender. Serve with flavored butter.
Yield: 6 servings.
Prep: 25 min., Chill: 1 hr., Grill: 20 min.
[/font]