• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

5thGenFlo

Beach Lover
Dec 18, 2007
Nashville, TN
I just wanted to share the news I got from Dave Sell, Beach Maintenance Manager, about the progress of repair efforts on the dock on Lake Powell in Inlet Beach. Dave forwarded me an email he got from Chris Brockmeier, OM and VP at WilsonMiller, the company planning to do the work. Chris says if all goes well with getting the permits and assigning the architect, they expect to start construction around August/September of 2008.

The county dock I'm refering to is located between 682 N. Walton Lakeshore Dr and 740 N. Walton Lakeshore Dr in Inlet Beach. The path down to the unrepaired dock is a little overgrown with weeds, having been out of use for a while. But hopefully sometime in the fall, with any luck, construction will be done and the family will help beat down the weeds by walking the path with our funyaks and canoes.

Last edited:

Bluznbeach

Beach Lover
Jul 11, 2005
www.davidsswan.com
I didn't even know there was a dock there. We've been taking our kayak to the public launch off 98 in PCB (a block or two east of Publix), though last time we put in from another spot just under the bridge. Thanks for the info!:D

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
Wow, I forgot about that dock. We used to crab and fish off of it back in the 80's. That will be a great addition to Lake Powel. It is nice to place to kayak...

5thGenFlo

Beach Lover
Dec 18, 2007
Nashville, TN
Lake Powell is partly in Walton County. Not much, but enough for access.
While in Inlet Beach, we tend to consider the gulf our front door, and Lake Powell our back door. I'm old schooled, when I was growing up, we considered anything after Philips Inlet bridge to be in Inlet Beach and Walton County. Still access to Lake Powell extends the shores of Inlet Beach from just beyond Grande Pointe and westward.

5thGenFlo

Beach Lover
Dec 18, 2007
Nashville, TN
Just a short update. I've been by to see the dock on Lake Powell in Inlet Beach. Looks like work is almost finished. I haven't communicated with Dave Sell since the spring. But I noticed they have the new dock looking good and have cleared a path down to it from the road, Walton Lakeshore Drive. Back during Thanksgiving, they still had no access tape barring anyone from using it. I heard that ribbon cutting for its opening is scheduled for January 6, 2009. Hopefully, when my family gets there for early spring, we'll be allowed access to the dock, with maybe enough clearance to the water line for the funyaks to gluide in. Thanks Dave!

Last edited:

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
Just a short update. I've been by to see the dock on Lake Powell in Inlet Beach. Looks like work is almost finished. I haven't communicated with Dave Sell since the spring. But I noticed they have the new dock looking good and have cleared a path down to it from the road, Walton Lakeshore Drive. Back during Thanksgiving, they still had no access tape barring anyone from using it. I heard that ribbon cutting for its opening is scheduled for January 6, 2009. Hopefully, when my family gets there for early spring, we'll be allowed access to the dock, with maybe enough clearance to the water line for the funyaks to gluide in. Thanks Dave!

Yes, the ribbon cutting is today and it is now open.

Floridaz

Beach Comber
Jun 12, 2006
No 'Yaks

There is not enough room to get kayaks in and out at the the dock. The area close to the dock needs a little clearing up to make the access by kayak easier. The dock looks great. It took over 4 years to get repaired...:bang: