• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Ditto - someone so unhappy with you/your work that they are showing up at your client's homes trying to get you fired is not going to change their behavior because of a Sowal thread/post. :roll:

All this thread accomplished was making many more people aware of the incident and spreading more negative news about you and your company. You took an incident involving a few people and turned it into an immortal internet thread that has already been viewed more than 550 times.

648 page views for this thread, and rising. I'm beginning to wonder who is really the one with the ax to grind.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
ho-boy

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
AAbsolute, instead of you fishing for a name from someone here, why don't you tell us a name of a person you absolutely pissed off who would want to see you fail. Then, if anyone here knows this person, they could bring it up in casual conversation;
"Hi upset person, how's your family these days?"
"Really, that's nice. Little Jimmy doing well in school?"
"That's great, primary education really is the cornerstone. Hey, tell me, why are you trying to run down Chambers street builders?"

Possibly you misread the intent of those(me) suggesting you take this to PM. Confront the person directly, in private and get it done with. At this point, if I was looking for a builder, Chambers street would not be at the top of the list due to this thread and your other one about your stuff in the ground. Too much drama. I'd be worried you'd be dragging every little thing around forever. Obviously, not sure that would happen, but my confidence in your discretion is not high.

You cannot be the only builder that has problems with people on the job, but you are the second one I remember that's brought his business to this board in this fashion. The other was a disgruntled painter, if memory serves. I won't be the one to post the dead horse gif, but I bet it's close to someone's enter button.

ymmv

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
648 page views for this thread, and rising. I'm beginning to wonder who is really the one with the ax to grind.
Let's look at this from a different perspective. AA has been absolutely open about who he is and what he does. I, for one, like that. He has a gripe that might or might not be valid but look at all the free advertisement for his company he is getting. You know the old saying, "No publicity is bad publicity".
I may be naive but I think AA is awfully smart and a very wise business man. Maybe that is why I never was in business. Suffice it to say from what I've read (and I've read the whole thread) if I were building a custom home, I'd sure contact AA for a proposal.

NoHall

hmmmm......can't remember
May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
Let's look at this from a different perspective. AA has been absolutely open about who he is and what he does. I, for one, like that. He has a gripe that might or might not be valid but look at all the free advertisement for his company he is getting. You know the old saying, "No publicity is bad publicity".
I may be naive but I think AA is awfully smart and a very wise business man. Maybe that is why I never was in business. Suffice it to say from what I've read (and I've read the whole thread) if I were building a custom home, I'd sure contact AA for a proposal.

I think that usually only works for the entertainment industry. If I were building a custom home, I would NOT go with that adage or with "the squeaky wheel gets the grease." I would find someone with a custom home who was happy with the builder. But that's just me...

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
I agree about the free negative advert publicity thing. Builders are desperate these days and this thread reeks of desperation. Posting about unhappy customers here and playing the victim is IMO obviously a ploy. A desperate attempt for attention and business. And as Andy just stated, some will take the bait and give the "poor victim builder" a chance. These are the people that are likely to fall for a scam, or at the very least, be led around by the nose (no offense to Andy).

Even if I am totally off base it still comes across as bottom-feeding, axe-grinding behavior by the original poster and this thread should probably be nixed IMHO.

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Let's experiment:

Private Message me the name a custom home builder, any builder, give me a year and I'll show you how the scam works. Somebody will contact their suppliers first and drop a hint or two. Even though they may have paid their bills on time for $6,000,000 in a row, I know just what to say to break confidence. Next will be their finance companies with a little floated story. They can be solid and paying on time, but there's things that can be said to set the stage. Next, we contact their customers and give them some undercurrent warnings. Gentle enough to be believable, and told in the style,"I'm not saying it's definately going to happen, just protect yourself and hold as much as you can." Now, a few anonymous calls to some people I know at the Building Dept. with just the right tact. Then, we co-ordinate a couple of their customers who are already upside down because they overpaid for their land and I'll show you how to leverage their lender just right.

For this to work best you'll need to be sure to send me the P.M. It won't cost me a dime to execute this plan. Go ahead, name any custom builder here.

I will also add that this appears to me to be devious and uinderhanded. Not saying you would actually do it but if this is the way your mind works ...

In addition I would steer clear of a home builder who appears to spend more time building post count than building homes.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
I will also add that this appears to me to be devious and uinderhanded. Not saying you would actually do it but if this is the way your mind works ...

In addition I would steer clear of a home builder who appears to spend more time building post count than building homes.
In fairness, how is he going to build homes when there are no buyers in today's market. I suppose he coulld go sit on the beach but that gets old quicker than posting on SoWal.

traderx

Beach Fanatic
Mar 25, 2008
This is an amazing thread in which the ugliness of human behavior has flourished. I do not understand all the negative comments pulled out of thin air towards AA. Could it be that his building costs threaten so many? Homeowners cannot be happy to see AA build a house like theirs well below what they paid a few years ago. In any market, there is a fabric that bonds the community together. AA is apparently viewed as an outsider who threatens that bond. Many comments in this thread are shameful.

greenroomsurfer

Beach Fanatic
Nov 24, 2006
Where Free Speech Is Allowed
This is an amazing thread in which the ugliness of human behavior has flourished. I do not understand all the negative comments pulled out of thin air towards AA. Could it be that his building costs threaten so many? Homeowners cannot be happy to see AA build a house like theirs well below what they paid a few years ago. In any market, there is a fabric that bonds the community together. AA is apparently viewed as an outsider who threatens that bond. Many comments in this thread are shameful.
Looking for another thank you?:dunno: