• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Shelly, Do you care to guess what the attached residence rents for consistently?

.....too much relative to the upcoming "new economy."

IMO we've wiped out entire classes of high net worth individuals with the bursting of the RE Bubble; the collapse of several financial institutions; and the failure of many hedge funds.

At this point, I think it foolhardy to make a multi-million dollar bet based on what may have worked in the past.

Before I guess what the rent is on this property, can you please give a breakdown including the initial sale price of the property plus the costs of furnishings, utilities, taxes, insurance, rental management, HOA fees and maintenance? Thanx

Last edited:

flyforfun

Beach Fanatic
Oct 20, 2006
Birmingham, Al
IMO we've wiped out entire classes of high net worth individuals with the bursting of the RE Bubble; the collapse of several financial institutions; and the failure of many hedge funds.

Actually what is left Walton Co. is "milking" with continued high property taxes. This county needs to cut its budget by 50% and give property owners a 50-70% property tax break for the next three years. Otherwise, your going to see more auctions, foreclosures, distressed property and high inventory.

Actually what is left Walton Co. is "milking" with continued high property taxes. This county needs to cut its budget by 50% and give property owners a 50-70% property tax break for the next three years. Otherwise, your going to see more auctions, foreclosures, distressed property and high inventory.

Sounds like you're painting a good picture for investing in property tax certificates in Walton County. There's usually an equal and opposite reaction to big moves in one direction.

.....too much relative to the upcoming "new economy."

At this point, I think it foolhardy to make a multi-million dollar bet based on what may have worked in the past.

Before I guess what the rent is on this property, can you please give a breakdown including the initial sale price of the property plus the costs of furnishings, utilities, taxes, insurance, rental management, HOA fees and maintenance? Thanx

Sorry, That's not my home and I don't think I should run the exercise on someone elses property. I figured their rental rates aren't sensitive and are already in the public domain. Maybe I should change the subject.

fisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 19, 2005
I don't feel to bad about 750 home sales last year.

Depends on your point of view. If you bought at the height of the frenzy with an interest only note that now needs to be refinanced because you can't afford to pay any principal or you've lost your job or you took a 40% hit in the market or... and you are now way, way under water, 200, 750 or even 1000 home sales at rapidly decreasing prices would make you feel really, really bad.

Depends on your point of view. If you bought at the height of the frenzy with an interest only note that now needs to be refinanced because you can't afford to pay any principal or you've lost your job or you took a 40% hit in the market or... and you are now way, way under water, 200, 750 or even 1000 home sales at rapidly decreasing prices would make you feel really, really bad.

Terrible term to use when dealing in real estate, but here goes ................................... Dollar Cost Averaging.