• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Today

Beach Comber
Feb 6, 2005
There is a good five part series on the area at Caller.com Cropous Christi caller-times. It is a five part series beginning on 11/14/2004. You need to register, but it is free. In essence it states that very little property is left for development, "Padre and Mustand Island may be unrecognizable in about 20 years [sound familiar]" and the development there is ready to take off. Mustang Island has a planned 1400 acre town/community designed and created by the same architectural firm, Duany Plater-Zyberk & Co., that creaated Seaside. "In 1992, Powell said, Walton County was a rural, economically distressed area with no appreciable industry. Then the little rural county on the Gulf of Mexico had what Powell called a growth spurt that began with some planned developments, similar to those proposed in the Coastal Bend."

Anyway, my wife and I loved it down there and bought some property. :D

Today

Beach Comber
Feb 6, 2005
A real estate agent is asking the owners of properties at Sunset Point if they want to list their properties for sale. She wants to put together a package deal to give to a developer. St. Joe's owns the property (around 600 acres)next to Sunset Point. This St. Joe's property was listed as under evaluation a couple of weeks ago, now it is no longer listed as under evaluation on St. Joe's webpage. This property is now simply listed as belonging to St. Joe. Anyone here anything about what is going on over there?

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Today said:
A real estate agent is asking the owners of properties at Sunset Point if they want to list their properties for sale. She wants to put together a package deal to give to a developer. St. Joe's owns the property (around 600 acres)next to Sunset Point. This St. Joe's property was listed as under evaluation a couple of weeks ago, now it is no longer listed as under evaluation on St. Joe's webpage. This property is now simply listed as belonging to St. Joe. Anyone here anything about what is going on over there?

Hi Today, so sorry you won't be here tomorrow. :sosad:

:lol: But then again it's always Today.

I will speculate. Supposedly a bridge will be built over the Intracoastal and all the property up there will become more valuable. Even if that doesn't occur it is attractive, especially because of the new airport.
The sunset point properties would allow a developer water access for all the undeveloped parcels. It would also be a good spot for a marina and might be easier to get approval than some other spots.

Advance The Man

Beach Lover
May 19, 2005
Where is Sunset Point? Is it in Bay County? Obviously it sounds as if it is on the northside of the Bay, but trying to locate it on a map and can't find it.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Advance The Man said:
Where is Sunset Point? Is it in Bay County? Obviously it sounds as if it is on the northside of the Bay, but trying to locate it on a map and can't find it.

Walton County
It is on the north side of the InterCoastal Waterway, just north of Pt Washington. If you follow Hwy 395 north, until the road ends into the water, there will be a small island in front of you. The Intercoastal is on the north side of that small island. Sunset Point is on the north side of that.

Sunset Point can also be seen from the 331 bridge. Look to the East from the Bridge.

Advance The Man

Beach Lover
May 19, 2005
I think I already know the answer! It's north of what I indicated right and quite bigger. How the heck do you get there? Doesn't look like any roads even lead there from the northside!

Last edited: