• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

bamcon

Beach Comber
Sep 5, 2005
If any one has or hears of any one wanting to sell one of those older cinder block style homes, please have them contact me. Thanks.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I don't think there are any cinder block homes in Inlet Beach. I have seen a concrete block home that looks like it might work for you. Is your search limited to cinder block?

Drive around again, there's a small handful, but they are there. Some are practically on Hwy 98.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
You missed my very tiny attempt at builder comedy. Cinder Block is rarely if ever used because of the raw materials cinder.(granulated coal or slag)

I thought I noticed that the Thread author is a builder. I'll leave the comedy to you from now on.

Got it, but I still refer to concrete block as cinder. That's just how I was raised. ;-)

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Concrete or cinder either will work.

We love those simple houses, too. Go drive around back there and find one before the inevitable razing of more to make room for McMansions. You might also consider the west end of Panama City Beach-plenty to choose from back there, but there is more human density.

ClintClint

Beach Fanatic
Jul 2, 2008
Got it, but I still refer to concrete block as cinder. That's just how I was raised. ;-)

Elvis Presley liked it so much he wrote a song about it " Return to Cinder"

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
We love those simple houses, too. Go drive around back there and find one before the inevitable razing of more to make room for McMansions. You might also consider the west end of Panama City Beach-plenty to choose from back there, but there is more human density.

I've posted this before, but my dream was to buy a cinderblock house on the gulf. There is something so cozy and reassuring about those homes. Nowadays, I dream of a second tier cinderblock home. ;-)

Elvis Presley liked it so much he wrote a song about it " Return to Cinder"

:lolabove: