• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Phoenix Rising

Beach Lover
Apr 24, 2006
I was at Lee's yesterday and was told that they are permanently closing their doors on Sunday. It is sad to see another SoWal business hit by these difficult economic conditions.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Are they closing all of their stores, or just the South Walton location? I don't eat much fried chicken any more, but Lee's had some pretty-darn-good fried chicken.

30abob

Beach Lover
Aug 8, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Are they closing all of their stores, or just the South Walton location? I don't eat much fried chicken any more, but Lee's had some pretty-darn-good fried chicken.

The girl at the register told me they closing the Redfish Village and Crestview franchises... which were owned by the same people. I'm not sure about the chain as a whole, I think most of their locations are in Kentucky and Ohio - about 150 in all.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Their HQ is in Seaside. I wouldn't be surprised to see them in a new SoWal location sometime soon.

Sally's By The Sea Store right down the sttreet has awesome fried chicken.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Plenty of closures going around. Panama City closed three BlockBuster stores, Moe's and I hear Quizno's at Grande Blvd, Taste of Oz, several Starbuck's, and I noticed that restaurant in front of Office Max, in Destin closed. I don't think it was a TGIFriday's but something like that. Ironically, most of the closures I see are the restaurants which are reasonably-priced. The high-priced restaurants seem to be hanging on. Maybe some of these chains had too much expansion, too quickly, before there was any profit churning.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Their HQ is in Seaside. I wouldn't be surprised to see them in a new SoWal location sometime.

I was going to say...CLUCK, but this gives me hope for a change. :wave: