• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

robertsondavies

Beach Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006
all the talk of fried chicken here is reminding me that I have a question for the Red Bar proprieter on this board. Oli? I was wondering what if any marinade process was involved with the friend chicken breasts that is nearly almost always on the menu in one form or another. I was thinking that they're unbelievably moist for white breast meat the last time I was there.

thanks

robertsondavies

Beach Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006
dang it !!!!!! It is fried isn't it? Knowing the recipe won't cut down on my Red Bar visits since I'm not local - I swear it.

I can't triangulate this using google either. Hungarian chicken searches produce a wie variety of baked paprika based chicken recipes, and I could swear that "RedBar Chicken" TM, (Copyrighted 2008) is a lightly breaded deep fried chicken breast, with some kind of supercharged, genetically modified or illegal marinade. I like it.

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
lol! It is pretty tasty. Maybe the secret is in the breading. I could see that Panne Chicken being pan sauteed, then roasted, but it never looks brown enough to be seared. I bet you are right about it being fried.

Last night, I ate the EggPlant dish, which I had never had before. It consists of scallops, shrimp, squash, eggplant cheese, and probably some other goodies, baked and served in half of a eggplant (scooped out). It was pretty tasty.

Oli tells me that the RedBar will be celebrating its 17th (I think) Anniversary on Super-Bowl Sunday, Feb 1. They usually have Dread Clampitt play from noon-3pm, then set up big TVs, have dinner service and football, then Hubba, Hubba plays in the back room. Good stuff.

robertsondavies

Beach Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006
as for marinade?
any part of that that can be known to the public? length of time? basic marinade ingredients (other than the "secret blend of 14 herbs and spices")!!!!