• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

murphdog

Beach Comber
Jun 3, 2005
I am coming to the area June 11th and would like some help finding a public place to take kids crabbing. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

graytonrbust

Beach Lover
Nov 15, 2004
Wellington, AL
I love to crab!! I will be there the 14th and I have the same problem. As a child I always crabbed off a pier behind a house on Garfield Ave. (the Pink house---Oldtimers stomping grounds) and loved every minute of it.

DBOldford

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Napa Valley, CA
When we were kids, we had tremendous luck grabbing blue crabs from the inlet between Western Lake and the Gulf at Grayton. We would drag plastic laundry baskets through the water and bring them up, along with tons of shrimp, which we bagged in Wonder Bread wrappers that had holes punched in them. We're lazier now, so go crabbing at Goatfeathers Market in Seagrove... :laughing1 Happy crabbing!

murphdog

Beach Comber
Jun 3, 2005
Thanks for the comments! My parents used to take us to old abandoned docks etc. 25 years ago around Panama City Beach. I had some luck on St George Isand a few years ago, but it is much more developed here. Seems like we are all in the same boat.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
The lake inlets at the beaches are good, if there aren't people swimming there. There are several public docks and boat launches. On Western Lake, North 395, North 393, etc.

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
Kurt,

You had a chance to do any fishing lately?

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Landlocked said:
Kurt,

You had a chance to do any fishing lately?

Nope - I hear it's been slow on the beach - and a lot of Sargassum.

I have some friends out in the Gulf today and will get a report.

922uu.jpg

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
I hate that stuff. Really screws up the fishing. Thanks for letting me know

Seasider

Beach Lover
Nov 27, 2004
My kids had fun crabbing on the bay shore behind the Blue Bar on 331 after dinner one night recently.