• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
A permit to manage the lake was applied for prior to Hurricane Ivan on May 10, 2004. The permit was issued on September 11, 2008. Click the dates to see the files.

I guess I was wrong about there being no problem before Ivan. I'm not denying there are people that were allowed to build too near the lake who are lobbying for this to protect their homes. I personally wish to restore the balance that was disrupted in 2005. I have never been in favor of the Trgger Point permit, but neither am I in favor of just letting the sand barrier bury the beauty of this place.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I guess I was wrong about there being no problem before Ivan. I'm not denying there are people that were allowed to build too near the lake who are lobbying for this to protect their homes. I personally wish to restore the balance that was disrupted in 2005. I have never been in favor of the Trgger Point permit, but neither am I in favor of just letting the sand barrier bury the beauty of this place.

Again you act as though the sand is concrete. It will eventually be sorted out by mother nature, but you will have to give it time it's not going to happen tomorrow.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
A permit to manage the lake was applied for prior to Hurricane Ivan on May 10, 2004. The permit was issued on September 11, 2008. Click the dates to see the files.

I stand corrected. Apparently people that built too close to the lake were lobbying for the Trigger Point Permit before Ivan. I have never been in favor of the Trigger Point Permit. I simply want to restore the balance that existed before the events of 2005 so that the inlet will break out in it's own natural way. I suppose there is no way for us to achieve this anymore.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I stand corrected. Apparently people that built too close to the lake were lobbying for the Trigger Point Permit before Ivan. I have never been in favor of the Trigger Point Permit. I simply want to restore the balance that existed before the events of 2005 so that the inlet will break out in it's own natural way. I suppose there is no way for us to achieve this anymore.

You should work on reading comprehension skills.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Dang! Where the heck is my short term memory? I could have sworn I had it around here just a minute ago...

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Heart

I don't have a solution to the fact that people were allowed to build too close to the lake. Some of these houses were built over four decades ago. Again, I want to stress that I don't like the trigger point permit. It seems like restoring the lagoon ( a very minor move) would let the inlet work naturally and there would not be a need for the trigger point permit.

If any of you want to petition the county and DEP to recind the permit, I wouldn't be bothered by that, but it will simply bring a wave of lawsuits.

Folks, I have loved Eastern Lake Inlet since I was seven years old. While my logic may escape you (and me sometimes) it is coming from my heart.

dtimms

Beach Comber
Apr 7, 2008
Dune Lakes

They do not need to be artificially opened. Let Mother Nature take care of these beautiful waters in her own time. The human race seems to think in a few thousand years they know everything about controlling the environment , from Dune Lakes, to global warming, to sun spots.

Let us worry about fixing the potholes in roads, trash on the street, cigarette butts on sidewalks and the economy. Leave the Dune Lakes to Mother Nature.