• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Apr 16, 2005
Buckeye Country
I found VRBO very frustrating because all the condos we were interested in recently (ft myers/sanibel) never returned my phone calls or emails. I know it's the owners choice. I ended up giving up on the site all together.

Just Curious

Hi. I just joined this site and found your post.

As a vacation rental owner on Sanibel Island and a member of VRBO, I am sorry for your experience.

I am wondering if you bundled your inquiries when you sent notes to owners and if your message was not sent.

That has happened to me a couple of times and I just never received the renter's email.

Otherwise, when I get inquiries on our two properties on Sanibel, I generally reply within the hour. If I am travelling, it may take me a day to get back to a renter, but never more than that.

All the best, Sylvia

Also Vacationrentals.com

I also use both Home away and VRBO. VRBO owns Homeaway or vice versa however you want to look at it. Easy to set up rentals transfering to one another. I guess they don't merge for percieved competition and they make more money?:blink:

Watercolors uses vacationrentals.com also a good bit and it helps me rent.

:D

psaund9860

Beach Crab
Aug 7, 2009
Homeaway.com is TOPS !

I am in Sarasota and just started using homeaway.com; and I find it easier to post and to read. Appears to have better quality. I have already received many inquiries on my golf course condo. It is listing #251506. You can see it is easier to get thru this site than VRBO

Pete