• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Atav20

Beach Comber
May 28, 2008
Good Afternoon,

I am looking to launch a career in the Destin, Miramar, Fort Walton Beach area. I just recently graduated from the University of Georgia with a B.S. in Consumer Economics and Housing. Last summer I completed an internship at Seaside as a Guest Service Agent, so I do have some Hospitality experience. Please take a moment and review my other qualifications by looking at my resume' I have pasted below.

Real Estate, Resort and Hospitality, and Recreation are the my top three areas of interests. I am very open to other career areas as well.

Phone (678) 873-3320
Atavormina@aol.com

Andrew

Objective
Use my degree, skills, and experience to launch a career with a winning company. Influence how people live by providing excellent products and services above and beyond their expectations. Strengths are working with the computer, gathering data, transforming data into resolutions.
Education
2004-2008 The University of Georgia Athens, GA
Bachelor of Science in Family and Consumer Sciences, Consumer Economics; Housing
? Overall GPA: 3.27 / 4.0
? Hope Scholarship

Computer Skills: Excel, Word, Power Point, Works, Web

Work experience

2008 Cottage Rental Agency Seaside, Fl
Front Desk/Guest Services
? Manage the front desk for hundreds of cottages at Seaside.
? Check-in Arrivals/Check-out departures
? Handle and solve all guests problems
? Answer the phones at the front desk

2007 ? 2008 The Home Depot Athens, GA
Sales Associate
? Greet, Qualify, Recommend, and Close Customers
? Build Customer Relationships
? Be Knowledgeable About Products
? Provide plant care
2004 - 2006 Yards Done Dirt Cheap Marietta, GA
Owner / Manager
? Established clients to provide quality landscaping & maintenance
? Trained and managed landscaping crew
? Interfaced with customers and maintained records
? Operated and maintained commercial landscaping equipment
? Created web site for advertising our services
Honors and Achievements

? Received Home Depot excellence award
? Recognized for leadership and dedication with a ?Class Act Award?
? Community Service through TeamDepot

Lane Rees

Beach Lover
Jun 12, 2006
follow up

What type of job are you really desiring? You mention locations west of south Walton, what about Panama City Beach for the right opportunity?

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
You may have difficulty finding a hospitality job right now. Early to mid February is generally the hiring period for rental companies and resorts in the area. Of course getting a resume in now isn't a bad idea.

Atav20

Beach Comber
May 28, 2008
What type of job are you really desiring? You mention locations west of south Walton, what about Panama City Beach for the right opportunity?

My house is in Fort Walton Beach between Sandestin and Destin. The farthest east I would want to travel would be Seaside.

Lane Rees

Beach Lover
Jun 12, 2006
Understand .. will monitor what I hear about in your geographic preference, Andrew.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
My house is in Fort Walton Beach between Sandestin and Destin. The farthest east I would want to travel would be Seaside.

Perhaps this is a typo, from East to West is SanDestin, Miramar, Destin, and then Ft. Walton.

Have you worked with the career placement office at UGA? Typically college and university career placement offices are happy to work with their graduates. They can edit and improve your resume, help you do a job search wherever you reside, and offer career advice. I would definitely contact them if I were you.

For example, you say that "Web" is one of your skills. Every first grader has some web skills these days. You need to be more specific.

Talk to them and they'll help you out. Good luck! :wave:

Atav20

Beach Comber
May 28, 2008
Sorry, it was a typo...I live between Sandestin and Destin...Just East of the midbay bridge!