• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Just a friendly reminder when you dine anywhere that does not feature an extra-value menu...STFU on the cell phone. Believe me when I tell you you look like an a$$ yapping away about what your stooge friends are doing at the beach house while others around you are trying to enjoy a nice dinner. Furthermore, you ought to know you deserve filthy dish water dumped on your head if you are so rude as to concurrently spew your banter while you incoherently give your dinner order to your waiter. You are not important enough to yak on the phone in a restaurant. Hang it up and dispense with the verbal dysentery. By the way, if anyone knows where I can get my hands on one of those cell phone zappers, I will gladly pay for it.

That is all.:pissed:

rapunzel

Beach Fanatic
Nov 30, 2005
Point Washington
Just a friendly reminder when you dine anywhere that does not feature an extra-value menu...STFU on the cell phone. Believe me when I tell you you look like an a$$ yapping away about what your stooge friends are doing at the beach house while others around you are trying to enjoy a nice dinner. Furthermore, you ought to know you deserve filthy dish water dumped on your head if you are so rude as to concurrently spew your banter while you incoherently give your dinner order to your waiter. You are not important enough to yak on the phone in a restaurant. Hang it up and dispense with the verbal dysentery. By the way, if anyone knows where I can get my hands on one of those cell phone zappers, I will gladly pay for it.

Basmati's -- one of the best restaurants on 30A -- a definitely worth slowing down and savoring. What was worse, when these women weren't actively talking on the phone, they had the iPhone on the table, backlit...obsessively watching for text messages and then loudly telling everyone what the son who couldn't make the journey from New Orleans is up to. How could I have possibly enjoyed the perfectly balanced egg drop soup with huge lumps of crab had I not known?

Basmati's food was stellar, as always.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005

Same here--IN SPADES!

I'm going on a jaunt across the big pond this Spring--I think I read one can get the phone jammers over in the UK, so I put it on the top of my shopping list. I know they're "illegal" here in the USA, but so is ripping the Cell Phone out of a person's hands and jamming it up their arse--so I'll call it a wash.

Last edited:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Did you speak with your server about this extreme rudeness? Most nicer restaurants have rules about cell phone usage....for good reason, since IDIOTS have lost their manners.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Furthermore, you ought to know you deserve filthy dish water dumped on your head if you are so rude as to concurrently spew your banter while you incoherently give your dinner order to your waiter.
Or you deserve not to get served AT ALL if you hold your finger up for the server to stand there and wait for you to finish your conversation. Like those other 4 or 5 tables he/she has dont mind waiting for you to finish chatting for their refills or food to be brought out from the kitchen. I actually walked away from a table once when a customer did that to me then was asked (rather rudely I might add) why I went to another table and served them first when the chatty cathy table was there before the other one.

NOLA TRANSPLANT

Beach Lover
Jul 24, 2007
AMEN AND HALLELUJAH!!!!!!
So sorry you had to experience that. This whole i phone craze is annoying, it reminds me of when people
first started carrying cell phones and when they would go to dinner they would sit the phone on the table almost like it deserved its own place at the table for everyone to see!
Grow up, and get some manners.
Got to take a call GO OUTSIDE. Dinning by yourself? Bring a book!
Have some respect for others!!!!!

Last edited:

sunspotbaby

SoWal Insider
Mar 31, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Even more annoying, taking the call on the ba-deep phone so everyone can hear the other person !
Ba-deep "where you at"
ba-deep "We're at the restaurant, where are you?"
ba-deep "I think we're Lost"
ba-deep " take a right on 98......." :bang::bang::bang:

STFU! or go outside! :roll:

Did you speak with your server about this extreme rudeness? Most nicer restaurants have rules about cell phone usage....for good reason, since IDIOTS have lost their manners.
Even Houston's says no cell phones. Thankfully most doctor's offices and even the salon where I have my hair done have signs that request no cell phone usage.

SORRY: The day when Big D called me from China and I knew it would be my only call from him that day. That was rude of me, and I apologize. Even though we were outside, I should have gotten up from the table and had our conversation elsewhere. I just didn't anticipate us talking so long.

Last edited: