• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

florida girl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 3, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
wow, i understand you are protecting said tenant, but if our tenants were to ever send an email of that nature to us, i would never post it on a message board. anonymous or not. or with their consent. i feel those matters are strictly confidential, that is jmo.

You know, there are other ways of looking at your view point, one, it would be embarassing to you, or that SoWal isn't the paradise advertised,
also, how can policy be made accurately without all necessary info?
Then, maybe the policies that have been made in the past aren't working?

aggieb

Beach Fanatic
Sep 18, 2007
ibx
You know, there are other ways of looking at your view point, one, it would be embarassing to you, or that SoWal isn't the paradise advertised,
also, how can policy be made accurately without all necessary info?
Then, maybe the policies that have been made in the past aren't working?
ok, so you want to play this looking at other view points game.....if it were our tenants, we would work with them until something could be resolved, but that would be between us and them and using our own judgement, not asking anyone on a message board for advice on what to do. that's part of being a landlord. suck it up, if she doesn't find a job and can't pay, evict them. she'll find a job when and if she wants/needs to. and if this is about a reality dose, we all know what the economy is going through without you posting an email for us to read.:roll:

Last edited:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
florida girl, policy is made at BCC meetings not on sowal.com. If I were your tenant I would be packing my things right now. This is incredibly tacky.

Why not wait until you see them at church and make a prayer request that this person find work? Oh that's right it would be RUDE. I don't care if you left out the names. It wouldn't take a genius to figure out who your tenant is.

You do nothing but stir the pot while giving out ideas that a bong brainstorming session would find short sighted or uneccessary. You keep stating that you are trying to come up with ideas to help the area, but you post them on here as though they are going to happen because you did. Go talk to your county commissioner, or better yet run. If you don't win then clearly your ideas might just not be those of the masses.

Finally I will ask you, was the purpose of this thread to show the plight of local workers who have to rent from slum lords or was it to show that people with the money to have rental properties were facing difficult choices of evict or embarrass?

florida girl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 3, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
ok, so you want to play this looking at other view points game.....if it were our tenants, we would work with them until something could be resolved, but that would be between us and them and using our own judgement, not asking anyone on a message board for advice on what to do. that's part of being a landlord. suck it up, if she doesn't find a job and can't pay, evict them. she'll find a job when and if she wants/needs to. and if this is about a reality dose, we all know what the economy is going through without you posting an email for us to read.:roll:

To summerize, who cares whether there are jobs in the area? It doesn't effect me? Not my business? I don't want to get involved? My 4 and no more? Just so I can live in paradise?
So you think if someone hasn't find a job, it's because they don't want/need to?
There is no responsibilty, accountability for our leaders to make the necessary adjustments to create a healthy economic community?

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
To summerize, who cares whether there are jobs in the area? It doesn't effect me? Not my business? I don't want to get involved? My 4 and no more? Just so I can live in paradise?
So you think if someone hasn't find a job, it's because they don't want/need to?
There is no responsibilty, accountability for our leaders to make the necessary adjustments to create a healthy economic community?

No there is not. Show me where in the county charter, state constitution, or US constitution that states the government in any form must provide for private jobs?

The veneer is getting thinner and thinner. Obviously your reasoning for economic growth is so that you can continue to rent property.

For the record this thread is a disgrace and should be removed at the very least edited.

florida girl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 3, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
florida girl, policy is made at BCC meetings not on sowal.com. If I were your tenant I would be packing my things right now. This is incredibly tacky.

Why not wait until you see them at church and make a prayer request that this person find work? Oh that's right it would be RUDE. I don't care if you left out the names. It wouldn't take a genius to figure out who your tenant is.

You do nothing but stir the pot while giving out ideas that a bong brainstorming session would find short sighted or uneccessary. You keep stating that you are trying to come up with ideas to help the area, but you post them on here as though they are going to happen because you did. Go talk to your county commissioner, or better yet run. If you don't win then clearly your ideas might just not be those of the masses.

Finally I will ask you, was the purpose of this thread to show the plight of local workers who have to rent from slum lords or was it to show that people with the money to have rental properties were facing difficult choices of evict or embarrass?

The BCC does what we ultimately want them to. The problem is the divided community. How would you know what would go on in church? Why would it be rude? Stir the pot? Exactly! Stir out of complacency! Hopefully, things will get stirred up enough to actually change! One day I may run for BCC, but not in the immediate future. Why should it be okay for the liberals on this site to speak what they want about issues, or anything else, and it not be ok to present the other side of the story?
The purpose of this thread is to read the other side of the story. Why should we be the "graveyard between two cities?"

florida girl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 3, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
No there is not. Show me where in the county charter, state constitution, or US constitution that states the government in any form must provide for private jobs?

The veneer is getting thinner and thinner. Obviously your reasoning for economic growth is so that you can continue to rent property.

For the record this thread is a disgrace and should be removed at the very least edited.

The county sets the policy for new business, land use code, neighborhood density, scenic hwy designation, and so on. Even the sign ordinance.
How many threads have been written on how "terrible" something looks referring to some new construction? What about the sign debacle? What about the "yellow" heavy equipment fuss? How many photos have been uploaded to SoWal about somebody clearing their 1/4 acre? Talk about citizen police!

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
And you are not at all embarassed?

I am embarrassed for your tenant. That was a private letter sent to you and unless this person gave you permission to copy it onto a local message board, you have done wrong.

NOLA TRANSPLANT

Beach Lover
Jul 24, 2007
Remind me to never rent from you.