• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Beach Dad

Beach Comber
Nov 5, 2006
We need a large house that will sleep 12-15 guys in their mid-forties who want to play golf the weekend of July 23-26. I fully understand an owner being hesitant to book a three night stay vs a week, but wondered if anyone here could make a suggestion.

We would like to be able to cookout one night and have a large place to congregate as a group to brag about our past and lie about our golf scores.

Suggestions?

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
We need a large house that will sleep 12-15 guys in their mid-forties who want to play golf the weekend of July 23-26. I fully understand an owner being hesitant to book a three night stay vs a week, but wondered if anyone here could make a suggestion.

We would like to be able to cookout one night and have a large place to congregate as a group to brag about our past and lie about our golf scores.

Suggestions?

...money talks.

Beach Dad

Beach Comber
Nov 5, 2006
We can make the finances work if we can just find the right opportunity somewhere along 30-A. I wish we could find an owner who would be willing to negotiate with me directly. We are responsible and would make a security deposit if needed to ease any concerns about our treating their home with respect.

We may talk like teenagers, but we don't (or should I say can't) act like them anymore. :)

If money talks, are you personally listening? If so, email me at mrich@gsms.com

Thanks.

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
...money talks.

A lot of money.

Actually, you would be talking about asking someone to accept a weekends' worth of income instead of two weeks' worth. Most rentals book Saturday to Saturday, so one three-day weekend rental would kill two full weeks of income for the typical owner (and their management company).

In order to make this happen in July on 30-A, you have to sense desperation. If you are willing to wait until 2 or 3 weeks out to find a large enough home that will accommodate you, that will be your best bet. But in the process you are betting that there will be availability.

Not trying to be harsh, just wanting to let you know the way it works for most owners.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
maybe you could rent something for a week; and let another group of the family use it when you guys are not playing golf...:dunno:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Just wait until it gets closer. I have a feeling that shorter stays won't be a problem this year. They weren't last year. ;-)

dgsevier

Beach Fanatic
Just wait until it gets closer. I have a feeling that shorter stays won't be a problem this year. They weren't last year. ;-)

The above statement may prove to be quite correct; hard to know yet. But I understand that you would like to have firm plans now.

Also, you have the option of finding others in your area who are willing to split up the week with you. Maybe you can find a family who only needs a few nights as well and is will to spring for an extra housekeeping charge.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
The above statement may prove to be quite correct; hard to know yet. But I understand that you would like to have firm plans now.

Also, you have the option of finding others in your area who are willing to split up the week with you. Maybe you can find a family who only needs a few nights as well and is will to spring for an extra housekeeping charge.

Could be a very viable business idea for someone. The website www.splitvacation.com and the plural aren't taken. You could probably make money off the idea of matching folks up to split full weeks.