• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bob

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2004
O'Wal
Last night, joined at the communal table for our sodium laced journey into quasi- Japanese cuisine, were two young men on opposite ends of the table. One fellow, an obvious fishing aficionado, had a Bass Pro baseball style cap. Seated at the other end was a hip hop fan, black on black New York Yankees hat cocked at just the right angle for the stir fried comedy routine. Am I losing it, or do guys remove their hats when seated for dinner?

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Last night, joined at the communal table for our sodium laced journey into quasi- Japanese cuisine, were two young men on opposite ends of the table. One fellow, an obvious fishing aficionado, had a Bass Pro baseball style cap. Seated at the other end was a hip hop fan, black on black New York Yankees hat cocked at just the right angle for the stir fried comedy routine. Am I losing it, or do guys remove their hats when seated for dinner?

"Gentlemen" remove their hats when seated for dinner--there's a difference.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
"Gentlemen" remove their hats when seated for dinner--there's a difference.

At my mother's table you had 30 seconds to remove your hat or it would get removed for you w/ a swing of Papa Scooterbug's arm! Same went for your elbows. :D

Grandma doesn't accept jeans as suitable clothing unless you are doing yardwork (which means you are eating on the porch), so hats have never been an issue for her.

Last edited: