• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

curiousgeorge

Beach Crab
May 20, 2008
I got wind from another city that Fonville switched to pre ground coffee from Starbucks??????:bang:I certainly hope this is a myth. This would be a major downgrade and I am sure the prices won't reflect this. Their previous coffee supported local business. They proudly showed their world conscious effort by selling Fair Trade Certified coffees. I am totally shocked at this. Can somebody confirm this???

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I thought they were using Starbucks products from the beginning? Isn't Starbucks coffee fair trade? :dunno:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Can't comment on the Fonville Press brand, but many places serve Starbucks as a "premium brand" or for "name recognition". Scooterbro's restaurant serves it for that reason - he thinks it tastes like crap and he'll drink coffee I've made.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I thought they were getting their fair-trade coffee beans specially roasted from the fine people at Amavida Coffee.

HeyJude

Beach Comber
Oct 2, 2008

"SEATTLE, NEW ORLEANS; October 28, 2008 -
Starbucks (NASDAQ: SBUX), TransFair USA and the Fairtrade Labelling Organiations International (FLO) today announced a groundbreaking initiative that builds upon the organizations' shared history of support for small-scale coffee farmers. Starbucks, one of the largest buyers of Fair Trade Certified coffee, will double its purchases to 40 million pounds in 2009, making the company the largest purchaser of Fair Trade Certified coffee in the world. Marking a new phase in their nine-year relationship with Starbucks, TransFair USA and FLO will join Conservation International as key partners in the Starbucks Shared Planet commitment to ethical sourcing."

HeyJude

Beach Comber
Oct 2, 2008
try this: go into a $tarbucks and ask for a fair trade cup of coffee. They should break out the french press and brew you a cup.

Starbucks: Fair Trade or ?Tradewash?? ? Bean Activist

I love AB and Fonville, but it's the most expensive cup of coffee on 30a

I heard throught the grapevine that (pricing) has changed too - a cup of Starbucks joe at Fonville now is like only $1.80 or something and they have specials - like a pastry, piece of fruit and cup of joe for only $4. Anyone know for sure?

rdelong43065

Beach Fanatic
May 28, 2007
Seagrove
This may seem like a novel idea, but has anybody just called Fonville and asked?

hummous&carrots

Beach Comber
Dec 1, 2007
Fonville Press Pricing

Here you go...

Large Coffee of the Day $1.85
Large Caf? Americano $2.55
Large Caff? Latte $3.55
Large Caff? Mocha $3.80
Large Cappuccino $3.55
Large Chai $3.60
Large Hot Chocolate $3.50
Double Espresso Shot $2.10

Also, Fonville will be serving BREAKFAST starting mid-February. They will be offering some healthy options like granola and yogurt, fruit salad, fresh squeezed orange juice, and quiche in addition to their selection of fresh baked pastries and amazing (!!) sausage, egg and cheese biscuits (come early, they sometimes sell out).

They are also getting ready to open an additional playground north of “the hill.”

Last edited: