• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

flipflopsgrill

Beach Lover
Oct 13, 2007
Hey Everyone,

I own Flip Flops and I am trying to get a "pulse" on bookings in Seagrove (between 395 and Watersound) area? Most of my business if from that particular area.

If you have any opinions or data of how bookings are looking it would be much appreciated?

Flip Flops

dgsevier

Beach Fanatic
We are Cassine Village 4 br/4 ba. Bookings are not as bad as I thought they would be.

In our case people who travel to Europe are "settling" for the beach. People who typically go to the beach are going somewhere else that is closer/cheaper. Others are having a "staycation."

jensieblue

Beach Fanatic
Jun 2, 2005
on a lake in the woods
Recognize this is not representative of overall market, but my family has already booked out place at Grayton for Thanksgiving. It is one of our wonderful family traditions....Gotta go to the beach, ya'll

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Recognize this is not representative of overall market, but my family has already booked out place at Grayton for Thanksgiving. It is one of our wonderful family traditions....Gotta go to the beach, ya'll

While it's not, it's not a bad idea. When I worked in Rentals I always told people to book holidays well in advance. I had a snowbird in 2007 book their stays through 2010, the system just couldn't do it after that. I explained to them that they had first right to the unit anyway, but they were afraid someone else would scoop it up.

gardening1970

Beach Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
Atlanta
I recently booked my family's Spring Break stay at a good discount. We're staying 4 nights instead of the whole week. Ordinarily I would have booked a Summer week by now also, but I'm waiting a while this year. I may miss the perfect property during the perfect week, but I can't commit just yet.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I recently booked my family's Spring Break stay at a good discount. We're staying 4 nights instead of the whole week. Ordinarily I would have booked a Summer week by now also, but I'm waiting a while this year. I may miss the perfect property during the perfect week, but I can't commit just yet.

Hold out, so far today there are two threads offering 10% and 15% discounts for early bookings.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Anyone have a read on the Memorial Day crowd this year? I am trying to finalize my depature in May and see whether I should stay through then or leave right before. :wave: