• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jerome

Beach Comber
Feb 5, 2009
And I Wonder

Gayboi, You do know that Cypress Breeze is 35 feet above sea level don't you? There are cypress stands and wetlands in certain areas but the community set those areas aside as conservation lands and they have nothing to do with the residential homesites. All the homesites have their buildable uplands and the community was sympathetic to the environment. There's a lot of wildlife in Cypress Breeze and it's buffered and protected.

I am just beginning to try understand the developer's original psyche to discover how he achieved such architecture, feng shui, curb appeal, and most importantly distinctive taste, culminating in such a grand achievement.

I am just beginning to try understand the developer's original psyche to discover how he achieved such architecture, feng shui, curb appeal, and most importantly distinctive taste, culminating in such a grand achievement.

Sounds like you had it pegged in your post:
"Legend has it that a former NBA/NFL star who flopped in an amusement park venture conceived and developed Cypress Breeze under the influence of some hallucinogenic substances."
I know you wrote that it was a rumor, who was your source?

That pool was intended for children who aren't yet learned in Architecture, feng shui, curb appeal or distinctive taste. shhhhhh.... They don't know about those rules of life yet, they're just lovin' the amenity. There'll be plenty of time for them to learn why they should value form over function later.

jerome

Beach Comber
Feb 5, 2009
My source

Sounds like you had it pegged in your post:
"Legend has it that a former NBA/NFL star who flopped in an amusement park venture conceived and developed Cypress Breeze under the influence of some hallucinogenic substances."
I know you wrote that it was a rumor, who was your source?

That pool was intended for children who aren't yet learned in Architecture, feng shui, curb appeal or distinctive taste. shhhhhh.... They don't know about those rules of life yet, they're just lovin' the amenity. There'll be plenty of time for them to learn why they should value form over function later.

When I was looking at homes over there, I had a onsite Tarot card reading to see if, in an existential sense, if the neighborhood would be the right for me. This is what the cards said.

traderx

Beach Fanatic
Mar 25, 2008
When I was looking at homes over there, I had a onsite Tarot card reading to see if, in an existential sense, if the neighborhood would be the right for me. This is what the cards said.

You can't argue with science.

traderx

Beach Fanatic
Mar 25, 2008
I couldn't have said it better traderx. Interesting username traderx. Are you a stock/options /forex/ect. trader or a r.e. trader? :welcome:

The former. Real estate is just too risky. :lol:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Gayboi, You do know that Cypress Breeze is 35 feet above sea level don't you? There are cypress stands and wetlands in certain areas but the community set those areas aside as conservation lands and they have nothing to do with the residential homesites. All the homesites have their buildable uplands and the community was sympathetic to the environment. There's a lot of wildlife in Cypress Breeze and it's buffered and protected.

That's great, but after driving through the other day I noticed that many homes are built well above grade or have a "lowlands" design to them.

P.S. Whats up with the lone golf cart at the end of your street.

P.S.S. Generally cypress trees only grow in areas that their roots remain under water 90% of the time. i.e. swamp land or flood plain.

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
P.S.S. Generally cypress trees only grow in areas that their roots remain under water 90% of the time. i.e. swamp land or flood plain.

These trees need water for seed germination, but you can plant them in uplands (even as a drought tolerant choice) and they will make it fine. This would not be a natural place to find them though because they would not be reproducing as they would in a wetter area.
They can withstand hurricane winds better than the pines.

That's great, but after driving through the other day I noticed that many homes are built well above grade or have a "lowlands" design to them.

P.S. Whats up with the lone golf cart at the end of your street.

We have a neighbor who uses his golf cart, alot. He travels around the hood and he and lots of other people get walking on that hiking trail at our boundary. I've walked it, and it's real prehistoric back there. You can walk all the way to Camp Creek Golf Course and only cross 83, 283 and 395. The rest of the time you are in the solitude with the beasts.