• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
florida girl,

The fact is that you present nothing new. If I want bad international or national economic bad news I can turn on CNN, if I want local economic bad news I can go to the local news or newspaper. You bring absolutely nothing new to the table which is also nothing new.

If my landlord ever posted such a personal email on the internet I can assure that I wouldn't think twice about moving with no notice or paying late. The landlord showed me no respect why should I show them any.

I am truly embarrassed for other locals that attended the same schools as you. It's not a very fair example of the local education system.

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
Our President is giving everyone a chance to voice their opinions and get involved in the economic recovery. Regardless of your party affiliation, this is a much more productive way to help the people that you are exposing and actually do something. Just go to Obama's web site and look under Organizing for America.
Input 32459 and do a radius of 50 miles and you will find plenty of people putting their thinking caps on instead of biatching.

Community Development Programs (Economic Recovery Meeting)
This community needs desperately a program that will develop information on positive uplifting. Provide jobs, classes for parenting, mentoring, second chance programs, direction on opportunities, voter registration, leaderships programs, decent subsidize housing or subdivisions for those to purchase or rent at a price that are affordable.
Time: Tuesday, February 10 from 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM Host: Darlene Gay-Allen Contact Phone: 850-362-6378 Location: Burnett, Harmon, & Woods Community Bldg (Fort Walton Beach, FL) 303 B-Lovejoy
Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548
Maps:

Associated Groups: Our Generation - FWB/Destin

NOLA TRANSPLANT

Beach Lover
Jul 24, 2007
First of all, my tenant was not ousted! Secondly, how do you know that my tenant considers this post an "embarrassment"? This is reality, and I welcome opportunities to show it. I'm not sure what culture you come from, but it's not mine. To paint a facade of prosperity is lying in my opinion.

Oh dear. I guess I dont know if your tenant was or was not embarrassed , do you? Why don't you pass one of us their phone number and we'll call em and ask em? If there reading this thread and truly aren't embarrassed then they should speak up, and protect the one whose not interested in protecting them.
ONCE AGAIN. (SPEAKING VERY SLOWLY)
WE ALL KNOW THAT THIS IS A REALITY. You aren't a news flash. As S.W.G.B. Stated, you bring nothing new to the table. NOTHING. You just spout what everyone already knows, therefore bringing nothing new to the table, once again, as so stated by S.W.G.B..
Now you say you "welcome opportunities to show it" Now I would ask you the same question you asked of me, wheres YOUR COMPASSION? And as far as what culture I come from, you need not go there dear.
I assure you it is culture that is very acceptable, compassionate, and discreet.

F.G. you are grasping for straws. No one is questioning the state of the economy. Im certianly not. And no one is painting a facade of prosperity.
ONCE AGAIN(SLOWLY SPEAKING AGAIN)
Let it go. Because at this point I have.
My energy is better spent crocheting .

Last edited:

florida girl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 3, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
So, you think it's ok to hide these truths about what is actually going on in our community? The facade is the appearance of, without problems. Do you really think Obama is going to fix the problems? I disagree; I think he will push things over the edge! In the day of reality shows on about every channel, why do baulk? How are problems fixed without knowing what they are? Programs, policies, civic planning are still going on, sometimes creating more problems than not. So, because someone disagrees with you, you consider them stupid? Careful, you?re showing yourself!

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
So, you think it's ok to hide these truths about what is actually going on in our community? The facade is the appearance of, without problems. Do you really think Obama is going to fix the problems? I disagree; I think he will push things over the edge! In the day of reality shows on about every channel, why do baulk? How are problems fixed without knowing what they are? Programs, policies, civic planning are still going on, sometimes creating more problems than not. So, because someone disagrees with you, you consider them stupid? Careful, you’re showing yourself!
I believe he has hope that we will find it within ourselves to work at fixing our problems. He can act to lead, but we will be counted on to do whatever part we can do, and biotching, moaning and groaning is not a good start at the fixin' of problems!
Mango provided information to a source - I'm headed there now to look up my zip code to see what's up around here. Let us know if you find anything useful there.

edited: Sorry ktchris - I typed this before your post! :)

Last edited:

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
So what exactly are you going to do to help fix what you consider to be the problem?

So, you think it's ok to hide these truths about what is actually going on in our community? The facade is the appearance of, without problems. Do you really think Obama is going to fix the problems? I disagree; I think he will push things over the edge! In the day of reality shows on about every channel, why do baulk? How are problems fixed without knowing what they are? Programs, policies, civic planning are still going on, sometimes creating more problems than not. So, because someone disagrees with you, you consider them stupid? Careful, you?re showing yourself!

florida girl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 3, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
I believe he has hope that we will find it within ourselves to work at fixing our problems. He can act to lead, but we will be counted on to do whatever part we can do, and biotching, moaning and groaning is not a good start at the fixin' of problems!
Mango provided information to a source - I'm headed there now to look up my zip code to see what's up around here. Let us know if you find anything useful there.

edited: Sorry ktchris - I typed this before your post! :)

As I understand what pulled us out of Depression in the 30's was the war jobs. The difference now is the national debt. How can adding billions to the national debt be good? Sounds to me like a joke, just make some play money and throw it around! How can you fix a problem if you don't know what it is?

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
I thought this thread was about the problem of job loss, specifically your tenants need to find a job, and your dilemma as to whether to evict.:dunno:
Have you evicted?