• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
These trees need water for seed germination, but you can plant them in uplands (even as a drought tolerant choice) and they will make it fine. This would not be a natural place to find them though because they would not be reproducing as they would in a wetter area.
They can withstand hurricane winds better than the pines.

Yes I understand that and that's why I said generally. The cypress trees located in that development are naturally occurring and not planted. In addition if you look around the marsh areas (generally only located in low lying or flood prone areas) there are many cypress knees.

Yes I understand that and that's why I said generally. The cypress trees located in that development are naturally occurring and not planted. In addition if you look around the marsh areas (generally only located in low lying or flood prone areas) there are many cypress knees.

I wanted to make sure that there will be no misconceptions. Cypress Breeze is one of the highest points along the 30A corridor. I watched phase III and IV handle a hurricane with terrential rain and that drainage system worked flawlessly. Those Cypress stands occur in the buffered conservation areas which reside ontop of hardpan (pre-historic organic hydrology)