• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I will give an explaination a try.

Politics!

There, did that help, or should I add the word lobbyist?
Good answer. I had to do a double take, because I thought this was a Jdarg reply. Politricks and money are usually at the bottom of everything to do with goverment.

Seriously, can anyone give me a logical reason as to how this makes logical sense? Politricks are never logical.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Good answer. I had to do a double take, because I thought this was a Jdarg reply. Politricks and money are usually at the bottom of everything to do with goverment.

Seriously, can anyone give me a logical reason as to how this makes logical sense? Politricks are never logical.

I am not sure how to take this comment.:roll:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I am not sure how to take this comment.:roll:
Well, BDarg's reply was fairly short and sweet, and he is usually very technical. I guess you are rubbing off on him. He put it in terms which I can understand. :D

Bdarg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Point Washington

Honestly, there is no logical explanation. You are in a round room looking for a corner. It was a political "solution". Smoke and mirrors. What ever you want to call it.

Most states have similar laws. Some do not even require the mitigation property to be in the same watershed. Some require different multipliers to the acreage to be set aside, others have acre per acre set-asides. Some places have set up wetland banks in order to have an organized preserve instead of a patchwork. There have been areas that use created wetlands to make the exchange, which makes some sense.

One funny anecdote is that right after Katrina there were two wetland projects approved to go forward in south Louisiana. One was to develop 5000 acres of wetlands; the other was a multimillion dollar, federally funded, project to restore 500 acres of former wetlands. As I said, logic does not play in this game.

Lane Rees

Beach Lover
Jun 12, 2006
link

John R,

The link is not currently available on the Supervisor of Elections (SOE) web site. You may call Lajuana in the SOE office at 892-8112 or email rinlajuana@co.walton.fl.us and request the Campaign Treasurer's Reports. The report for the time period 8/14/2004 - 8/26/2004 contains details on contributions and expenses.