• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jerome

Beach Comber
Feb 5, 2009
you're right

My data shows only 14 units in Sanc by the Sea closing, so as Shelly says, there will be some high HOA dues if the developer (owning the majority of the units) wants to bump them up suddenly. If hit with a sudden assessment, ouch!, unless you have ample money. Moving condos in Florida, especially all the ones which were built and sold in 2003-2006, will be a difficult thing to move for some time to come. Lenders don't want to touch them, banks don't want to take them back.

If you want to continue discussing Sanc at Redfish, you really should start a new thread, since this one is titled Sanc at Redfish, a totally different development. It will lessen others' confusion.

I was thinking about that and I believe I will start a new thread.

jerome

Beach Comber
Feb 5, 2009
Pricing and timing

This thread is interesting. I have to ask, why are you currently considering purchasing a hard asset like real estate in the midst of a deflationary downturn?

Well, I know these are scary times and fearful times. I am sure you heard the old motto " be greedy when others are fearful and be fearful when others are greedy". If you find pretty much what you want, (especially if there is one to two houses/ units, not 10 or 20 options) at prices quite a bit below construction costs, where you want, you must question yourself as far as timing in this deflationary spiral. Hindsight and bottoms are only certain looking back. Investing is only looking forward. Throw the dice.

passin thru

Beach Fanatic
Jun 12, 2007
Jerome, did you ever go any further with Sanctuary at Redfish?

There are currently 2 units each listed under $400K ... #1103 at $399,900, and #1122 at $397K.

The lowest asking price on the 2nd floor is #2116 at $449,000. All three mentioned so far are 3BR/3.5bath.