• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

springfield4

Beach Lover
Jun 6, 2007
My parents looked at 3 units at Sanctuary By The Sea recently. Prices seem to be continuing to fall. They said only 14 units sold at this point. Does anyone know much about this project?
Thanks.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
It was built at the wrong time. They are in a great location on an excellent piece of gulffront and lakefront. They are large and most have great views. They seem to be well constructed.

All new pricing recently came out from who I believe are new or reconfigured ownership around $300-$325 per square foot. At this moment they seem to be one of the best deals around.

Dominoes

Beach Lover
Feb 17, 2008
They are priced right. Some of the North building 3BR units are under 600k and have 2244 sq. ft. with waterviews. The larger floorplans are awkward and there is alot of wasted space. The amenities are nice, check out the virtual golf on the tour. I was not impressed with the path to the beach. The beach access is a bit difficult and it was the main reason I did not end up getting one of the lower priced units. There are good deals in Rosemary, Watersound, and Watercolor that I liked better (although none had better gulf views).

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I agree that some of the floor plans are awkward at best. The amenities seem nice, but you are somewhat isolated from everything else, although that might not be a bad thing for some.

30ashopper

SoWal Insider
Apr 30, 2008
Right here!
Strange configurations - all the interior doors seem to open up into the adjoining space in a way that blocks off the exit. I think after a short period of time living here I'd feel the need to start flipping some door hinges.

Rebecca B

Beach Crab
Feb 6, 2009
I work on site at Sanctuary By The Sea, and it is great to see some local interest and feedback. ResortQuest Real Estate just took over the marketing for this property, and new pricing was approved a few weeks ago. Marketing materials are not quite finished, and very little advertising has been done.

There are 82 units on 23 acres with 200 underground parking spaces. Pricing is actually as low as $252/sq.ft. on some of the first floor condos, all of which have high-end interior finish. All condos have ten foot ceilings, eight foot doors, travertine flooring, gas fireplaces, big tile balconies, 3cm granite countertops and all Viking kitchen appliances, including a double-oven gas stove.

Realtors on 30-A who have stopped in to check progress on the property have responded well to the new pricing, and have helped to put five condos under contract in about four weeks. They seem to be moving to notify their customers before ResortQuest does their first media blitz.

Given market conditions over the past three years, this response is very encouraging.

The project lender is also offering some very appealing financing terms that I believe are unmatched for condominiums in this area right now.

You can get more information online at www.sanctuary30a.com

There is a model open daily at Sanctuary By The Sea. Stop in and take a look any day. Feel free to contact me for more details and/or a personal property tour, including the owners' club with fitness center, family theatre and virtual golf room.

jerome

Beach Comber
Feb 5, 2009
What is the word on this place. Same lender that financed the project is still holding it, developer I think is out. I think 18 at least have been sold out of 82 units. Very nice inside, but it seems like a lot of buyers are on the sideline, spooked by its ghosttown feel and possible HOAS shooting through the roof. It is now repriced and ResortQuest are the ones now behind the new marketing. Any insight would be appreciated.