• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Mama and Papa Scooterbug loved the old D&K's - raw oysters, open air, and a view of the Gulf (pre-remodel).

We tried to go on Mama Scooterbug's last visit (D&Ks even figured out how to seat us/time it to view the sunset), as I had been raving about the food post remodel, but she had to fly back early and missed it! :sosad:

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton
Hi Kat - I was saddened to hear that you were closing D&K, but very relieved that you're staying in the area. D&K had my very favorite grouper po'boy and was a favorite place to take visitors. It will be missed. Great things are ahead for you all.

Rick S

Banned
Feb 17, 2009
Hi Rick, thanks for those kind words of support. BUT, let me squash the rumour that we are going to move to Pensacola. Doug will be doing some physical therapy there. Our daughter is a sophmore at her beloved
South Walton High School. She has been with the same friends since Kindergarten at Butler, then Seaside School and now high school. I don't think we could drag her away with the wildest/strongest of horses! And, this is our home. :love: We will find something to do here......:D

Knock on wood!:blink:

Glad it's a rumor.....sorry, thought it was true because it came from your family, I guess you never know, again I'm sorry. :dunno: I know this is your home but unfortunately with this economy you have to move where the jobs are....good luck!

Last edited:

pokey

Beach Lover
Jul 20, 2005
Oh Kat, I am so sorry! I was so looking forward to dinner in June; I had already told the kids D&K was first on the eating out list.

I know this was a hard decision for you and your family. One always needs to do what is best for themselves, but selfishly I wish you were able to stay opened.

Wishing you the best in whatever you do in life.

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
Good luck to you and Doug, wherever your path brings you. You'll be missed.

jpbhen

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2005
Seagrove/Cincinnati
Kat and Doug, I wish you both the best. I sure hate I didn't get by there last year to redeem my coupon for winning the "Contest" we had. Dang car. :bang: Crump sure is going to hate that he won't get anymore of the mini-muffins. Guess there is not a chance you would give that recipe away huh?

Take care of yourselves please!!!

the recipe is in the d&k cookbook. kathy - why not reissue it?? it is awesome!