• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
* Chapman's way way back when it was at the foot of the north end of the 331 bridge! That place used to rock until they sold out.
* Nick's at the beach (used to eat T'giving dinner there every year)
* Salty Dog (most current incarnation)
* LeBleu's (Shallowsnole's favorite place and great breakfasts)
* Open air D&K in Grayton

avalon

Beach Fanatic
Apr 21, 2008
Seagrove
Sentimental journey.... I miss every one! I worked at Criollas' in the very early days. Sad to see the sign come down the other day. Nice to know that there are so many "old timers" out there to remember when. I want to add Prescotts' ( it was at Miramar Beach) to the list.

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Never got to eat there, but from what I heard of it: Sandor's

Well Sandor's building moved to an east 30A location....Alys Beach. Now "George's at Alys Beach"

Speaking of Sandor's ...who can remember what was there before Sandor's. For some reason I can see the inside of it, but forget the name. I believe it served sandwiches and was also a seafood shop. Doug and I almost bought it in 1992 when it was for sale. But instead found a great spot in CoCoa Historical Village.

Sandor's was wonderful and certainly deserves to be in the Hall of Fame. :clap:

Here's two more...Fermentations in Seaside
and one of my old favorites....Mark and Penny's Studio 210 Ruskin Place

Last edited:

CincyBeachGirl

Beach Lover
Sep 20, 2008
I would kill for the recipe for the avocado tortilla soup from Luna Del Mar. Remember that? I still think about it when I drive past.........

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Luna del Mar was the best Mexican that's ever been around. I remember the place before Sandor's, but can't remember the name either. Fermentations was great. Before Bud & Alley's was "The Seaside Grill", $1.95 for a hamburger, $.50 a beer. Can anyone remember the first movie ever shown at Seaside (at the Seaside Grill) ?

avalon

Beach Fanatic
Apr 21, 2008
Seagrove
Luna del Mar was the best Mexican that's ever been around. I remember the place before Sandor's, but can't remember the name either. Fermentations was great. Before Bud & Alley's was "The Seaside Grill", $1.95 for a hamburger, $.50 a beer. Can anyone remember the first movie ever shown at Seaside (at the Seaside Grill) ?
The building that housed Sandors' was originally Seagrove Seafood Market, I do believe. Dennis Franklin (RIP) built the place himself and ran the market/cafe with his family and Kenny Aziz. Best slaw ever!

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
The building that housed Sandors' was originally Seagrove Seafood Market, I do believe. Dennis Franklin (RIP) built the place himself and ran the market/cafe with his family and Kenny Aziz. Best slaw ever!

YES! Amy you got it. :clap: Doug and I loved Dennis...he was so kind and his kids were always around. Those were such special days. A few years laterafter that it became Lazy Daizy Sandwich Shop....I think that's how Teresa and wasn't it Kenny? (I may be wrong) spelled it. I remember the sign was a Daisy and every petal was a different color. But then they moved on and opened the Wine Bar in Blue Mountain on the opposite corner of For The Health of it. If Doug was awake he could probably remember the name....we all had so much fun there with live music, a neat bar, couches and little round tables and chairs. It was always packed. It was such a locals spot. Alice Bergeron played there quite often and Hubba Hubba. Geez weren't those the dayzzzzz!

If you didn't live in SoWal before 1996-98 you missed a hail of a lot!!!! Big sighhhh.