• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

PC

Beach Lover
Aug 15, 2005
TN
SeaBar

The Silver Bucket (what was the other name?)

Cafe Sublime

the old Amore'

Baithouse for breakfast

the old Hurricanes (although, I love the Taco bar in it's place!!)

The old WaterColor Market

the old open air D&K's

Snapperheads

CoCo's...JUMBO!

:rotfl:...I see a pattern with this old thing...all from an old chick. I guess the real word is former. :wave:

I second the Old Watercolor market, we used to eat there all the time when the development first opened, they had the best beer selection to. I really miss that place...

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Wasn't the issue with Luna Del Mar that the parent company in Texas got into a financial mess?

Speaking of Lunas, I liked Blue Luna in that little shopping center in Grayton where I think Another Broken Egg is now.

The "financial mess" was due to the hurricanes that hit here.

I haven't seen Capo's mentioned and I forget the name before that but it was pretty good.

Mmm Capo's. :drool:

I second the Old Watercolor market, we used to eat there all the time when the development first opened, they had the best beer selection to. I really miss that place...

Don't miss it, get close to it. Check out Wild Olives over in Rosemary. IIRC the chef/owner/manager is the former chef/manager of the old WaterColor market.

kemosabe

Beach Comber
Oct 5, 2008
Are the people from Cafe Sublime still around anywhere? We realy liked that place.

Is the new Amore' open? Is it similar to the old one?

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
You're right! I snoozed, I loozed. :cry: And now it is is time for my own brainphart. What was the name of the place that you and Doug had down on 30a... Cafe Tango? I walked in there one night for the first time many hundreds of years ago, in Jeans and polo type shirt and immediately realized how underdressed I was you made me feel right at home. You've always made folks feel at home.

I know this whole recession/depression thing is going to get worse before it gets better, and maybe we'll all be eating ramen noodles for months, standing in cheese lines and living in tents, but thankfully we'll have our memories of great restaurants gone by....;-)

I meant that in a sincere way.:love:

That would be our first D&K's....DKA!

14 Vicki Street
1995 right after Hurricane Opal
Doug and I turned an old summer beach cottage into
"D&K's Little New Orleans Cafe"
We were there until 2000 and sold it to the now famous Cafe Tango,
who made a wonderful spot into a Fantastic place!!!!

This was such a great little cafe with so many memories and stories....many that are in the D&K's Cafe Cookbook that Yummy keeps talking about on the D&K's Countdown thread.

:bow:Thank you DKA for remembering us!!!! Out of all our restaurants I have to say it was my favorite. ( Wellll, maybe a tie with our Paradise Alley Cafe 1992-95 in Cocoa Village) Good times and great memories...sighhhhh

P.S. It was at this time, 1995-96 when we left late from Lil D&K's, and headed for Indigo's Wine Bar!!!:clap:

avalon

Beach Fanatic
Apr 21, 2008
Seagrove
The Whiskey Bar

WOW, LaBleu's, now there's a blast from the past! My first grounded memory of S. Walton Co.. Around 1988, 2 years prior to my moving to Walton Co., out for a sunday drive and stopping at LaBleu's for lunch. I remember thinking "Now here's a restaurant out in the middle of nowhere" and "m r some dusty caps stapled to the ceiling". Now, when I drive by, I can't even visualize exactly where the building stood.
Also, what was the bar and grill in front of One Seagrove Place, that was torn down in the early 90's.( Has that already been mentioned?)

P.S. I make beautiful slipcovers and all other home fashions
Actually, it was named "Diamond Jims". We all knew it as Whiskey Bar (it had a package store too). I think Greg France owned it. Wonder what became of him?

avalon

Beach Fanatic
Apr 21, 2008
Seagrove
Hard core trivia

Anybody remember the mexican place that was in The Red Bar building for one summer? The food was great, but the operators left suddenly. Lots of suppliers took a bath, as it turns out. The name escapes me...

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
I moved to South Walton in 1992 and opened Lazy Daze Cafe with Theresa Barrett. It was an interesting time. WE had six tables and no employees. 30-A was sleepy. We fought hard to make a buck. After selling to Sandor in 94, Jeff Lane and I opened Indigo Wine Bar. The Beach began to pick up and the summer of 95 was pretty magical with Red Bar and us just opening. Great memories.

I miss Ernie's burgers at Village Market, having a glass of wine with Al at Angelinas, Ollie making him & I late night pasta at the Red bar after close, the house I rented at 675 Eden, coffee at Hisbiscus, the swwet sound of Mrs. Modica's voice every morning as I fetched my coffee, and brunch at Bloom's Cafe. Scott Alderson who owns Jambone, is still my dearest friend,and I hope to visit in April. Maybe we can have an Indigo Wine Bar reunion!

Kevin Boehm
Chicago, Illinois
:wave: It's time to come on home....:D

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
I really miss the Wheelhouse. :cry: And although I never made it to D&K's when it was open, I have friends who ate there many times and loved it. Never missed it when they were in town.

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Anybody remember the mexican place that was in The Red Bar building for one summer? The food was great, but the operators left suddenly. Lots of suppliers took a bath, as it turns out. The name escapes me...

Cancuns was in that beautiful building "now it's a home" across the street from The Red Bar that leads down to the beach. It had that beautiful bar overlooking the Gulf and lake. But, if you sat down the windows were too high to see the view. Amy, Maggie worked there and didn't Justin chef there too? 1990.....time flys

Last edited: