• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Not surprised at this one bit! There use to be a time when property taxes down there were more than reasonable, but not any more. Until the Walton County does something about the high tax rates, property is not going to sale. Who wants to buy property down there and get rapped over property taxes? The county needs to cut its budget by 50% and get property taxes down to sensible levels. The longer they "fiddle fart" around the worse things are going to get!

I promise I am not stalking you, as I replied to you on the Heron/Disney thread earlier. I am curious about why you keep talking about high property tax rates in FL. Property taxes in Texas are double what they are in FL. :dunno: Are you comparing the rate to AL?

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I promise I am not stalking you, as I replied to you on the Heron/Disney thread earlier. I am curious about why you keep talking about high property tax rates in FL. Property taxes in Texas are double what they are in FL. :dunno: Are you comparing the rate to AL?
Yes.

flyforfun

Beach Fanatic
Oct 20, 2006
Birmingham, Al

Hi Kitty! Looks like we are going to have to find somewhere else other than Blue Orleans to go dancing :) Maybe we need more Texans buying property down there or at least non-stop flights directly from Texas to the new PC Airports. Taxes are double compared to Alabama, and I have never heard of a county that taxes patio's and decking into the square footage of an home. I have owned property down there for a number of years and how they access property taxes/values has changed dramatically.

Last edited:
Hi Kitty! Looks like we are going to have to find somewhere else other than Blue Orleans to go dancing :) Maybe we need more Texans buying property down there or at least non-stop flights directly from Texas to the new PC Airports. Many of homes are purchased by lower Alabama, Georgia and Mississippi where taxes are lower. Taxes are double compared to Alabama, and I have never heard of a county that taxes patio's and decking into the square footage of an home. I have owned property down there for a number of years, I know how they access property has changed dramatically.

Thank God you didn't build that Tower.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Hi Kitty! Looks like we are going to have to find somewhere else other than Blue Orleans to go dancing :) Maybe we need more Texans buying property down there or at least non-stop flights directly from Texas to the new PC Airports. Taxes are double compared to Alabama, and I have never heard of a county that taxes patio's and decking into the square footage of an home. I have owned property down there for a number of years and how they access property taxes/values has changed dramatically.

Through your wallet like any county. :dunno::D

traderx

Beach Fanatic
Mar 25, 2008

Count your blessings. In Manhattan, you pay office rent out to the middle of the sidewalk.

I have been surprised at my own ignorance after reading the Florida Code concerning DOC stamps.

I have never heard or read that to file a lien one must pay doc stamps. To deed a property to your spouse you must pay half the doc stamps. To transfer a property from one single member entity to another you must pay doc stamps.

Here's the kicker that I need advice on: It says that you must pay doc stamps even if the security is contingent. Are we granted a return of fees if the contingent security becomes statutorily voided? Anyone????