• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

avalon

Beach Fanatic
Apr 21, 2008
Seagrove
Waterin' Hole History 101

:clap: I do remember this place sgg.

Do you remember the bar, Wisteria....in what was once called the "brickyard" in Blue Mountain? Played darts there! :blink: I think it changed the name though. :dunno:

And, there was another one in that little house by Butler School (east side) in with the big Pine tree growing through the porch. And, later it was an ice cream shop and antiques?

OMG :funn: sounds like we did nothing but go to bars. :yikes:
The brickyard spot was also called "Puzzles" at least for a while.... Darts and pizza and beer drinkin on the roof deck. Just so y'all know- I am not such a drinker that I know every bar past and present! I sold advertising for the Beach Breeze back in the 80s. Every door was knocked on, once a week. Not that many potential clients in those days!

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
...memory is starting to kick back in... Capo's was called the Riptide before it became a restaurant. I do remember the bar in the Brickyard, but I only went there once. Who can remember all the different names for the "Seagrove Village Market?

oli

Mr. Potato Head's worst nightmare
Nov 18, 2004
I remember Cancuns' well. What a strange building for a restaurant. It did make a nice house! But the place I was refering to was actually in the current Red Bar. They even painted the place dark green when they opened. Did not last long... The building was also Aladins' Paradise for a short while. Egyptian fellow named Hanie had it. I tended bar for him on the coldest New Years Eve ever- ther was no heat and a few broken windows! If those wall could talk!
was called grayton dunes if you flip my sign their sign is on the other side and the green color on the building is still there

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
The brickyard spot was also called "Puzzles" at least for a while.... Darts and pizza and beer drinkin on the roof deck. Just so y'all know- I am not such a drinker that I know every bar past and present! I sold advertising for the Beach Breeze back in the 80s. Every door was knocked on, once a week. Not that many potential clients in those days!

Yep...you are so right...Puzzles:clap:

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
The only thing that beat a Hubba-Hubba Sunday at Baily's, was a Hubba-Hubba and Silverado Sunday at Baily's!

I kind of think Hubba Hubba playing at our Wedding Reception at The Grayton Corner Cafe March 22, 1992....beats all! But of course I would! Now those are some really great pics....and Amy@Avalon took them. She was Kat and Doug's wedding photographer. :clap::clap::clap:

:blink:Where does the time go?

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
At one time, before The Paradise Cafe, the building where Picolo's is now was called "Grayton Place" and the part in the back, where the Red Bar is now was the "Short Branch Saloon". I believe it was wiped out by Hurricane Eloise, but my memory is somewhat perforated.

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
At one time, before The Paradise Cafe, the building where Picolo's is now was called "Grayton Place" and the part in the back, where the Red Bar is now was the "Short Branch Saloon". I believe it was wiped out by Hurricane Eloise, but my memory is somewhat perforated.

Wow, good memory LVT! :clap:

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
...memory is starting to kick back in... Capo's was called the Riptide before it became a restaurant. I do remember the bar in the Brickyard, but I only went there once. Who can remember all the different names for the "Seagrove Village Market?

Junie's Mini Mall at one point in the early 80's. Cube let his wife open up separate booths in the back. Do any of you remember Beachview, the horse stables, mini putt and the petting zoo where collaborations use to be? Also Beachview was later turned into T-Scotts. The owner of all this was a guy named Scott Johnson. I heard he recently died in a car wreck.

Last edited:

2bohemians

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
www.searchthe30a.com
:love::clap:Gosh I almost forgot.......PATRONES!!!!! Located "In the Heart of Grayton" That's where I had my first "Dessert Shop" Okay....someone needs to come on and tell all about Patrone's. That is a book in itself! Gene, B.J., Art, animals, "Crab", snowcones, hamburgers, beer, t-shirts, canoes on the lake, those dang roosters, Gene's parties all the time out on the covered deck over the lake, ahhhhhh just too many memories....:blush: Okay I'm finished!!!!:roll:

:love::love::love::love::love: ahhh... those were the days!