• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SlowMovin

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
DA Yes. I am going to be there. Today is Ken Sloan's 50th Birthday, or at least he celebrated it today. Hope he is up to coming tomorrow. See you at the Coffee House! 9 a.m. DL

I am really sorry I missed this. I didn't see the post until just now. In all honesty I probably wouldn't have been at my peak after yesterday, anyway.

Thank you for coming out to celebrate with us yesterday. It's great to have such good friends as you here.

Please let me know how the meeting went and when the next one will be.

By the way, I have found another group in Defuniak Springs, in addition to the one in PC, if anyone is interested.

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
In the meantime, check out the events and activities thread. There is another Chautauqua going on in DeFuniak which features a number of Southern writers . Excellent opportunity for small forum with published writers, book signing, etc. Try to make it this weekend and next. (Feb. 20-21 and Feb. 27-28). You can attend some of this in the daytime and still attend all the cool stuff in SoWal in the evening, although they do have some good evening programs, too. BTW Come by the Walton County History Museum on the Circle in DeFuniak if you do travel north. Victor Silvestri has just published a massive historical book of the Sheriffs of Florida, has brochures and will be available around 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. each Friday and Saturday. Book is pricey, but epic.

Last edited:

someone_else

Beach Lover
Feb 6, 2009
Walton county
Tues. 2/24 at 9:00 A.M. at the coffee house next to Watercolor Publix? Is this meeting open to those of us who love to write but can hardly call themselves writers?

Redfish Village

Beach Comber
Jun 9, 2008
To the Florida Writers Association:

Please consider the Library and Owners' Lounge at Redfish Village in Blue Mountain Beach as an option for your next meeting space. I think our facility would be an ideal fit your group.

Let us know if you would like to reserve the space for your next meeting.
Good luck with your endeavor!

DuneAHH

Beach Fanatic
Tues. 2/24 at 9:00 A.M. at the coffee house next to Watercolor Publix? Is this meeting open to those of us who love to write but can hardly call themselves writers?

Yep! That would pretty much describe me!

SlowMovin

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
I spoke to Redfish Village this morning and accepted their gracious offer for the use of the Library & Owner's Lounge. I also arranged with PJ's to provide us with some coffee and snacks.

The Coffee House was great. We really didn't want to stop meeting there, but wanted a dedicated space that was a little better suited to people standing up and giving readings, etc.

The next meeting will be there (at Redfish) Tuesday March 3 at 9:00 am.

SlowMovin

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
Redfish Village has booked the library all day Tuesday and it is no longer available. It is open Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, though. Would one of those days work for everyone?

Please pm or call (850-259-7453) with your preference and I'll make the change.