• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

4dogs

Beach Lover
Mar 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
helping you find homes

Danielle,
If you email photos and bios for each dog, I will put the word out. I have websites and email lists I can post them on. Also give me contact info for you as I can have potential adopters contact you directly.
adoptadognwfl@hotmail.com

4dogs

Beach Lover
Mar 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
County Animal stats

Since there was question about how many dogs come through Animal Control I have attached the stats for the animals picked up by animal control in Walton County. The number that are euthanized, is alarming. This does need to be on another thread as I am sure many people have comments on the over population of animals in Walton County.

mpalumbo7866

Beach Comber
Aug 12, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Since there was question about how many dogs come through Animal Control I have attached the stats for the animals picked up by animal control in Walton County. The number that are euthanized, is alarming. This does need to be on another thread as I am sure many people have comments on the over population of animals in Walton County.

thanks 4dogs, more people need to be aware of our homeless dog problem here in walton county... i don't think people actually know the numbers(which are huge) and with more and more jobless pet owners these numbers are only increasing. thank you for all your help with this problem

mpalumbo7866

Beach Comber
Aug 12, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
I am not registered but will be soon. I have worked independently for the past 20 years financing everything myself. By word of mouth and other
avenues, I get calls or find about animals needing rescue. I go pick them up myself, take them to the vet for examining, spay/neuter if needed immeditely, vaccinate, provide medical care and adopt out by word of mouth. I have also
adopted out through local vets and the Doggy Bag in the past. I am already working good friends at other local rescues as well as distant rescues. I help them out whenever they call me. I also do weekend work for a vet clinic to help minimize vet costs. I will get more active with the local rescues as well as my own as soon as I am financailly able. My career loss has been a huge impact on my capability. I have alot of permanent rescues as well so there are long term recurring costs. I have always been able to find a way to make it financially until recently. So the cost of running my rescue as well as my household pets has never been an issue. I realize I should have actively
promoted my rescue through non for profit and I could have offset alot of the personal spending I have done. The job search for other careers and/or temporary work has been discouraging with alot of dead ends. Employers are overwhelmed with a huge increase in the number of applicants and resume's. I stay optimistic though!

Thanks for your response!

Danielle

hey danielle, give us a call we have some suggestions for you. paw paws pet grooming.

realtordanielle

Beach Lover
Dec 19, 2008
Animal Control/Welfare/Rescue's

Danielle,
If you email photos and bios for each dog, I will put the word out. I have websites and email lists I can post them on. Also give me contact info for you as I can have potential adopters contact you directly.
adoptadognwfl@hotmail.com

Hi Vicki,

I was just thinking about you today looking through my pm's. I appreciate your offer and I know that I could just contact you, Pat, or even Alaqua if I need adopting out assistance. Adopting out isn't my issue. I am having
great success with getting the animals adopted out to good homes. I actually
visit the homes and stay in contact to make sure things are going well medically, financially, etc. I just recently started to experience the worse financial strain ever and had to decrease my rescue activity. Almost every rescue needs vaccinations, spay/neuter, etc... plus there can be travel involved. I always make sure everything gets done before I deliver them to their new home. I will of course take care of any rescue's I get calls and emails on. I just won't be able to aggressively seek out animals needing rescue where I actually look for animals needing rescuing through different websites, newspapers, drive by's etc...where owners and temporary foster homes are making a good faith effort to have someone take the pet off their hands before they have to drop them off at a shelter or who knows, some owners just abandon them. I have had several people tell me to start asking for help from the community so I can continue to fund and maintain my rescue efforts. I will definitely touch base with you if needed.

Everyone is right about the Animal Control and Welfare Issue needing to be moved. I guess to Community/Organizations. I started a write up today about the community making an aggressive effort to find ways to better use our tax dollars and to increase the county budget. We need more animal shelters and rescue's. The addition of more shelters will be an enormous help "control" wise but we will always need Rescue Groups as well. There are just too many animals and most importantly the Rescue Groups are "no kill". The County Animal Shelters will always have a specific time interval and then the animal will most likely be euthanized. Now Pensacola has a Humane Society and a Jr.
Humane Society which are both "no kill". Then tend to get alot of the hard to adopt out breeds as well as everything else. The Humane Soc and Jr. Humane Society work with Escambia County Animal Shelter to try to save as many
of the animals possible. Especially breeds the county does not authorize
adoption for. So why can't we start a Humane Society and a Jr Human Society. I would love to implement the entire project. We just need an animal loving
investor/investors to donate the funds, the land, the buildings, required and needed improvements, etc... or they could just be a financial backer. Tell me what you think! I could go on forever.

sbartoldus

Beach Fanatic
May 19, 2007
Here
www.thirdeyeimages.net
thanks 4dogs, more people need to be aware of our homeless dog problem here in walton county... i don't think people actually know the numbers(which are huge) and with more and more jobless pet owners these numbers are only increasing. thank you for all your help with this problem

I receive more calls from people needing to surrender an animal or pets that have been abandoned than calls about adoption. It is a major problem and heartbreaking for all involved.

labhound

Beach Crab
Feb 21, 2009
Hi Vicki,

I was just thinking about you today looking through my pm's. I appreciate your offer and I know that I could just contact you, Pat, or even Alaqua if I need adopting out assistance. Adopting out isn't my issue. I am having
great success with getting the animals adopted out to good homes. I actually
visit the homes and stay in contact to make sure things are going well medically, financially, etc. I just recently started to experience the worse financial strain ever and had to decrease my rescue activity. Almost every rescue needs vaccinations, spay/neuter, etc... plus there can be travel involved. I always make sure everything gets done before I deliver them to their new home. I will of course take care of any rescue's I get calls and emails on. I just won't be able to aggressively seek out animals needing rescue where I actually look for animals needing rescuing through different websites, newspapers, drive by's etc...where owners and temporary foster homes are making a good faith effort to have someone take the pet off their hands before they have to drop them off at a shelter or who knows, some owners just abandon them. I have had several people tell me to start asking for help from the community so I can continue to fund and maintain my rescue efforts. I will definitely touch base with you if needed.

Everyone is right about the Animal Control and Welfare Issue needing to be moved. I guess to Community/Organizations. I started a write up today about the community making an aggressive effort to find ways to better use our tax dollars and to increase the county budget. We need more animal shelters and rescue's. The addition of more shelters will be an enormous help "control" wise but we will always need Rescue Groups as well. There are just too many animals and most importantly the Rescue Groups are "no kill". The County Animal Shelters will always have a specific time interval and then the animal will most likely be euthanized. Now Pensacola has a Humane Society and a Jr.
Humane Society which are both "no kill". Then tend to get alot of the hard to adopt out breeds as well as everything else. The Humane Soc and Jr. Humane Society work with Escambia County Animal Shelter to try to save as many
of the animals possible. Especially breeds the county does not authorize
adoption for. So why can't we start a Humane Society and a Jr Human Society. I would love to implement the entire project. We just need an animal loving
investor/investors to donate the funds, the land, the buildings, required and needed improvements, etc... or they could just be a financial backer. Tell me what you think! I could go on forever.

well thats good to hear that one of the many shelters in walton county is having "great success in adopting out dogs"maybe the other rescue groups should call you to help place some of there dogs that they can't seem to place.i have been in walton county for over 30 years and in the dog community for just as long, trust me i know walton county has a large problem with the amount of homeless animals, my hat goes off to the many non-profit groups(vicky g. adoptadog), rescues(lori h. alaqua), shelters,foster parents(pat h. paw paws pet grooming)(auntie spikes)and just individual persons(3dog framing) just a few off the top of my head, who help each and every day with this problem. you seem to have a great plan for this problem jr. human society sounds good. i would like to have more info on your rescue what are you zoned for, a website maybe some references, or perhaps even some dogs you have placed or pictures of dogs you are tring to place here in walton county.some stats on the homeless dog population. i like to be informed and have no problem helping just want to know who and what i am helping.....

freespirit

Beach Comber
Feb 5, 2009
Hi Amy!

Thank you! It's nice to know how many people are rescuing animals and how many are becoming more and more concerned. I have actually managed to
outwit my HOA's where I lived in the past. I got away with having 15-20 dogs
at all of my houses.
I of course had privacy fencing. I kept them closely supervised when outside and kept the yard nicely maintained. I have also been lucky to have neighbors that were very busy working and they didn't spend alot of time in their back yards. One smart thing I have learned to do it introduce myself to my neighbors, tell them I have dogs and I will do my best to keep the noise level to a minimum. And that if for any reason they have any problems or complaints that I welcome them and will resolve whatever the issue is immediately. Well I could go on and on. I appreciate your response. Please just let me know when you are ready and I will come pick up the food.
You can email me directly at realtordanielle@earthlink.net or call me at
(850) 865-9344. Thanks again! Danielle

well thats good to hear that one of the many shelters in walton county is having "great success in adopting out dogs"maybe the other rescue groups should call you to help place some of there dogs that they can't seem to place.i have been in walton county for over 30 years and in the dog community for just as long, trust me i know walton county has a large problem with the amount of homeless animals, my hat goes off to the many non-profit groups(vicky g. adoptadog), rescues(lori h. alaqua), shelters,foster parents(pat h. paw paws pet grooming)(auntie spikes)and just individual persons(3dog framing) just a few off the top of my head, who help each and every day with this problem. you seem to have a great plan for this problem jr. human society sounds good. i would like to have more info on your rescue what are you zoned for, a website maybe some references, or perhaps even some dogs you have placed or pictures of dogs you are tring to place here in walton county.some stats on the homeless dog population. i like to be informed and have no problem helping just want to know who and what i am helping.....

I think her above quote says it all. You have to work ethically to succeed. There are so many groups deserving of your help that are working within the rules and laws of the county. Save your money for the ones you listed.

Last edited:

realtordanielle

Beach Lover
Dec 19, 2008
I think her above quote says it all. You have to work ethically to succeed. There are so many groups deserving of your help that are working within the rules and laws of the county. Save your money for the ones you listed.

I agree that those who donate should only donate to the rescues that are listed. I would be on that list if I had needed to seek out donations in the past but I worked independently in Destin from 1996 to 2004, Atlanta from 2004 to 2006, Freeport, Fl 2006-2008, Pensacola 2008, and now back in Freeport. I had to relocated a couple of times due to getting married and for employment. Again, I have always done everything independently and mostly by word of mouth or just picking up strays. I do have great references such as Village Vet, Paw Paws Pet Grooming, Wilson Floor Cover/Josh Gilder, Sea Side Bulldogs, Remax of Greater Atlanta/Teri Berkes, Earthlink/Mike Strutton, Steve Willis/Willis Law Firm, Wash Me Now II/Lee Ramsey and more. All of these mentioned businesses and people will give you excellent references on my participation on rescuing animals and adopting them out as well as my work ethic, honesty, generosity, and the care I give to my personal permanent dogs. All of my personal dogs are rescues that I have permanently kept due to different reasons such as long term medical care needed, behavior issue's leading to unadoptable, hard to adopt out breeds and seniors, personal preferences, etc. I am of course not able to keep any more permanently. I have definitely hit a cap on that. But I do have room both in house and on land for rescues. I am zoned residential but located in an area where almost everyone has large lots and there is no
HOA. I have had no complaints! My lot is completely surrounded by medium brush and tree's. I have almost one acre privacy fenced in front and back, driveway gates, cross fenced making up 4 separate large yards all privacy. All of my dogs and rescues are kept inside my house and my climate control side garage building. I also have dog doors for them. I do closely supervise the dogs to control the noise level. They do like to play and bark but I keep it down to a minimum. I get discounted medical benefits, supplies, etc. from various vets and pet supply wholesale companies. I purchase multiple coupons on ebay to save on dog food and dog treats. I have just hit a point where my career loss and my bad luck with finding a new career and/or working seasonal jobs has drained my financial stability. I have always found ways to finance everything myself until the past several months. I have borrowed and I have sold anything I had of good value. I have been struggling to find ways to pay all of my bills and to save my house from foreclosure. Despite all the financial stress, I am still wanting to actively and aggressively keep rescuing animals. My rescue activity ability has decreased and it is weighing on my conscience heavily knowing how many animals are out there needing help. I have excellent character and work ethic references and would not be asking for help if I didn't absolutely need it. I am optimistic that my financial distress is a temporary situation that will get resolved in the near future. So please know that I understand if people are hesitant to help out. Please don't feel obligated or guilty if you can't or don't think you should. I have received mostly positive responses and knew there would be a little negative and questionable responses. And that's okay. Hopefully my incorporation for non for profit will be completed soon and my financial stability will improve. I will then start taking the necessary steps to becoming a larger scale rescue facility. I have the deepest passion for all animals and I both want and need to become a major rescue operation. Well I hope I have answered all or most of the questions that are on the different responses. Please know I will not be upset in any kind of way if people in our community and other communities would rather donate to other organizations. I was just hoping to get a little help even temporarily. I had several people tell me I should ask for help so I finally have tried it. I will work on getting some
pictures of rescues on here. I don't have pictures of them all because I have found homes for dogs that were in foster care. I still took care of vet expenses, found them a new home, picked them up and took them to their
new owner's home, and took care of travel exenses. I apologize for all the rambling. I just keep having more ideas and info come to mind. Most importantly, again, I am just happy and appreciative of the major amount of attention that this thread has brought to animal issues. It would be great if we could all work together to make major improvements to our shelters, rescuers, etc...! Best Regards, Danielle/Ruff Haus

labhound

Beach Crab
Feb 21, 2009
I agree that those who donate should only donate to the rescues that are listed. I would be on that list if I had needed to seek out donations in the past but I worked independently in Destin from 1996 to 2004, Atlanta from 2004 to 2006, Freeport, Fl 2006-2008, Pensacola 2008, and now back in Freeport. I had to relocated a couple of times due to getting married and for employment. Again, I have always done everything independently and mostly by word of mouth or just picking up strays. I do have great references such as Village Vet, Paw Paws Pet Grooming, Wilson Floor Cover/Josh Gilder, Sea Side Bulldogs, Remax of Greater Atlanta/Teri Berkes, Earthlink/Mike Strutton, Steve Willis/Willis Law Firm, Wash Me Now II/Lee Ramsey and more. All of these mentioned businesses and people will give you excellent references on my participation on rescuing animals and adopting them out as well as my work ethic, honesty, generosity, and the care I give to my personal permanent dogs. All of my personal dogs are rescues that I have permanently kept due to different reasons such as long term medical care needed, behavior issue's leading to unadoptable, hard to adopt out breeds and seniors, personal preferences, etc. I am of course not able to keep any more permanently. I have definitely hit a cap on that. But I do have room both in house and on land for rescues. I am zoned residential but located in an area where almost everyone has large lots and there is no
HOA. I have had no complaints! My lot is completely surrounded by medium brush and tree's. I have almost one acre privacy fenced in front and back, driveway gates, cross fenced making up 4 separate large yards all privacy. All of my dogs and rescues are kept inside my house and my climate control side garage building. I also have dog doors for them. I do closely supervise the dogs to control the noise level. They do like to play and bark but I keep it down to a minimum. I get discounted medical benefits, supplies, etc. from various vets and pet supply wholesale companies. I purchase multiple coupons on ebay to save on dog food and dog treats. I have just hit a point where my career loss and my bad luck with finding a new career and/or working seasonal jobs has drained my financial stability. I have always found ways to finance everything myself until the past several months. I have borrowed and I have sold anything I had of good value. I have been struggling to find ways to pay all of my bills and to save my house from foreclosure. Despite all the financial stress, I am still wanting to actively and aggressively keep rescuing animals. My rescue activity ability has decreased and it is weighing on my conscience heavily knowing how many animals are out there needing help. I have excellent character and work ethic references and would not be asking for help if I didn't absolutely need it. I am optimistic that my financial distress is a temporary situation that will get resolved in the near future. So please know that I understand if people are hesitant to help out. Please don't feel obligated or guilty if you can't or don't think you should. I have received mostly positive responses and knew there would be a little negative and questionable responses. And that's okay. Hopefully my incorporation for non for profit will be completed soon and my financial stability will improve. I will then start taking the necessary steps to becoming a larger scale rescue facility. I have the deepest passion for all animals and I both want and need to become a major rescue operation. Well I hope I have answered all or most of the questions that are on the different responses. Please know I will not be upset in any kind of way if people in our community and other communities would rather donate to other organizations. I was just hoping to get a little help even temporarily. I had several people tell me I should ask for help so I finally have tried it. I will work on getting some
pictures of rescues on here. I don't have pictures of them all because I have found homes for dogs that were in foster care. I still took care of vet expenses, found them a new home, picked them up and took them to their
new owner's home, and took care of travel exenses. I apologize for all the rambling. I just keep having more ideas and info come to mind. Most importantly, again, I am just happy and appreciative of the major amount of attention that this thread has brought to animal issues. It would be great if we could all work together to make major improvements to our shelters, rescuers, etc...! Best Regards, Danielle/Ruff Haus

danielle, you do sound like a very passionate person and most of all a dog lover. nothing wrong with asking for help. i hope my questions were not too harsh but i indeed know alot about our dog community here in walton county and i am very aware of our horrible homeless dog problem. i am also very much aware of all of the rescues, shelters, vets, etc. etc. just not familiar with yours, sorry to say. there are many kind residents here and plenty on this site that just take people for there word. and in the end when the truth comes out and people find out they have been tricked into giving money,food,etc.. etc... well then they begin to be a little leery about giving and then the real people,dogs,cats etc..etc.. really start to suffer.so please forgive me for being leery.. so please don't make it hard for eveyone else who is truely helping homeless dogs. i am not being ugly to you so please try to understand what i am saying. i know doc henderson of village vet i have been on his farm, i know a friend who purchased a frenchy pup from seaside bulldogs, please be very careful if you have 15 dogs at your home and not zoned for it more then 4 makes a kennel and thats not legal..