• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
Two dead, two injured in Miramar Beach shooting | county, office, sheriff - News - Northwest Florida Daily News

Two people are dead and two are injured after a man shot them and barricaded himself inside his Summer Lake townhome in Miramar Beach, according to information from the Okaloosa County Sheriff's Office.

My speculation is either domestic violence or drug dealing gone bad. (Where better to spend a couple days working on a big deal than a vacation area where there is no such thing as normal coming and going for a given residence?)

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Right on! Though its only speculation, it brings to light the fact that drugs are a part of the SoWal scene, much as we may dislike it.

Here4Good

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2006
Point Washington
I must note that our new Sheriff is already way out in front of providing information to the public on this event - I am very happy to see that. This is the first big crime of his term, and I am hopeful that we will see that we put the right man in office.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Why is the first assumption drugs? My money is on a person with emotional problems or pushed over the edge by loss of job, family. or faculties. It is now 3 wounded.

Edit: Not many 60 year-olds dealing drugs.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Is this the same guy who got in trouble during the election for threatening candidates? I know there was a trigger happy/mentally questionable guy who was a regular at Republican Headquarters and made several people VERY uncomfortable w/ his creepiness/wack-a-doo factor.

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach
Is this the same guy who got in trouble during the election for threatening candidates? I know there was a trigger happy/mentally questionable guy who was a regular at Republican Headquarters and made several people VERY uncomfortable w/ his creepiness/wack-a-doo factor.

Just one?

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach