• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I just cashed my latest residual check from Paramount for $11.00 for my 5 seconds of fame Andy; Happy to give you any info. It was a blast. I'll call you. Dave

My last one was for $3.49 - I'm going to have to call my agent and give him a piece of my mind. Luckily he'll only take 10 percent.

Grayton Girl

Beach Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
Sowal
While no one in my family was an extra in the Truman Show, we lived here during that time and it was very exciting to see all the stars coming and going.

But my story is really about the movie release date. My family was in Jackson Hole, Wyoming during the opening day of the Truman Show in national theaters. We decided to go and see the first showing at the little movie theater in JH. As we sat there waiting for the movie to start, we realized that the theater was FULL. Every seat was taken. After the show, we sat through all the credits, hoping to see the name of some people we knew who had been extras, and just generally reading the names of local places around here. There was one other family who was also sitting through all the credits, and we ended up leaving together when it was over. I asked them why they were waiting through the credits - whether they were from South Walton or knew someone in the movie. And guess what? They were waiting through the credits to find out where the movie was filmed because .... they wanted to go there! They peppered us with questions about the area.

Yikes! I remember thinking: What if one person from every showing decides that they want to visit the little town where the Truman Show was filmed?

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
While no one in my family was an extra in the Truman Show, we lived here during that time and it was very exciting to see all the stars coming and going.

But my story is really about the movie release date. My family was in Jackson Hole, Wyoming during the opening day of the Truman Show in national theaters. We decided to go and see the first showing at the little movie theater in JH. As we sat there waiting for the movie to start, we realized that the theater was FULL. Every seat was taken. After the show, we sat through all the credits, hoping to see the name of some people we knew who had been extras, and just generally reading the names of local places around here. There was one other family who was also sitting through all the credits, and we ended up leaving together when it was over. I asked them why they were waiting through the credits - whether they were from South Walton or knew someone in the movie. And guess what? They were waiting through the credits to find out where the movie was filmed because .... they wanted to go there! They peppered us with questions about the area.

Yikes! I remember thinking: What if one person from every showing decides that they want to visit the little town where the Truman Show was filmed?

I believe those results are quite obvious today.

bamablue

Beach Comber
Feb 8, 2006
We frequently visit Carillon Beach during the sumer.......We heard that some scenes from the movie were filmed there. Does anyone know what was used from Carillon? THANKS!!

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
We're not really allowed to mention people by name on here, but there are tons that I know and if they want the recognition I know they'll speak up themselves.

Not trying to pee on anyone's parade, but many of the extras aren't even named in the credits. ;-)