• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Santiago

Beach Fanatic
May 29, 2005
seagrove beach
Hey,

I was looking to do an anniversary story about the Truman Show being filmed in Seaside. If anyone was an extra or had anything to do with the production, please give me a call or shoot me an e-mail at andym@nwfdailynews.com

Andy Meinen
Reporter
The Northwest Florida Daily News
654.6905 - office

I don't know if this counts but my wife stood on a bar stool in the Red Bar screaming at Jim Carrey and Lauren Holley trying to get their attention. It was a fun time.

someone_else

Beach Lover
Feb 6, 2009
Walton county
I know a sax player who was an extra. I'll call him later and see if he is interested. I love this movie too Cactus Jack.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
The twins who played security in the movie still live in Walton Cty - Freeport. I'll pass along to them and let them decide if they want to contact you.

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
We actually sold a bunch of Art to Paramount through my old store Collaborations. It was fun to watch the show and see where some of the art was placed. One of the art and set directors (Eric Rosenberg)became a big collector of "outsider/folk art". He was quite a good customer. I remember the crew showing up with a van and loading up on props. Loved it, and was always impressed with the movie.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I was an extra also, but I wish to remain anonymous. One night, when we were doing a night shoot, the PA's (production assistants) lined up about thirty of us and then asked who was a realtor(about 80%). Then, they went down the line taking business cards. I think, in general, they were quite impressed with our area. Hanging out in Fermentations with Peter Weir and company was very cool.

avalon

Beach Fanatic
Apr 21, 2008
Seagrove
I sold an image

One of my night time shots of the Ruskin Place area was purchased by the movie studio for use on the local poster for the "premier" in Ft. Walton. Also, I was a bartender at "Shades". Plenty of after work cocktails made for the production crew and Peter Weir. He is a very nice guy.

bamablue

Beach Comber
Feb 8, 2006
Hello all!!! Did the anniversary story about the Truman movie ever get written? Would love to read it!