• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

seacrestgirl

Beach Fanatic
Nov 25, 2006
Griffin, GA and Seacrest
Thank you its hard for me to believe that I am reading excuses, I don't care what it cost, its a tax write off and it comes with renting out vacation rentals.

I also don't care if an owner has to hire 10 cleaning people to get it done right. There is no excuse for not delivering what a client is assuming they are getting.

There are a number of different ways to cover a bed and it does not have to be with a comforter that will not fit into a washing machine. Tuesday Mornings has always got new, nice left over hotel type bed linens and that is were I would be buying all of it.

I would not spend alot of money on any of it. Ask a vacationer which one they would perfer to have a pretty big over stuff dirty comforter or a plain warm clean cotton cover and blankets. We all know the answer.

I think the concensus is that the majority of people do not expect the comforter/duvet to be cleaned after each use. Who assumes that? I don't even wash my own comforter but 2ce a year... I am confident that a comforter/spread/duvet has been inspected. I certainly do when staying in a hotel. If I found a problem, I would certainly notify the appropriate party. If I had a renter (which is rare) who requested that the comforters be laundered prior to their visit, I would most likely suggest they bring their own.

I suggest you climb into my world of denial. While I am cautious, I do have the ability to pretend that everyone washes their hands after using the toilet, restaurants clean the utensils with adequate temperature for sanitizing, etc, etc.

Last edited:

ladyinspector

Beach Comber
Feb 3, 2009
I think the concensus is that the majority of people do not expect the comforter/duvet to be cleaned after each use. Who assumes that? I don't even wash my own comforter but 2ce a year... I am confident that a comforter/spread/duvet has been inspected. I certainly do when staying in a hotel. If I found a problem, I would certainly notify the appropriate party. If I had a renter (which is rare) who requested that the comforters be laundered prior to their visit, I would most likely suggest they bring their own.

I suggest you climb into my world of denial. While I am cautious, I do have the ability to pretend that everyone washes their hands after using the toilet, restaurants clean the utensils with adequate temperature for sanitizing, etc, etc.

One thing I don't do is climb into someone else?s world or live in denial thanks for the offer though. It was a question? On standards if you feel that it is impossible to follow hotel standard then so be it. If you don?t mind your children laying or playing on those comforters then so be it. For me they are the first thing that is removed from the beds and I cover everything that my family might sit on along with a whole list of other things I do.

I do know firsthand that very few people wash their hands, and the one?s that do wash their hands turn right around and grab the bathroom door handle right after the one that didn?t wash their hands.

Just continue to run your vacation rentals the best way you see fit. I think that this post has informed vacationers that they should not assume that their rental is being operated like a hotel.

When vacationing in someone?s home people should be reminded that it is not like a hotel and that the luxuries of home are not included.

aggieb

Beach Fanatic
Sep 18, 2007
ibx
[/i][/color]

One thing I don't do is climb into someone else?s world or live in denial thanks for the offer though. It was a question? On standards if you feel that it is impossible to follow hotel standard then so be it. If you don?t mind your children laying or playing on those comforters then so be it. For me they are the first thing that is removed from the beds and I cover everything that my family might sit on along with a whole list of other things I do.

I do know firsthand that very few people wash their hands, and the one?s that do wash their hands turn right around and grab the bathroom door handle right after the one that didn?t wash their hands.

Just continue to run your vacation rentals the best way you see fit. I think that this post has informed vacationers that they should not assume that their rental is being operated like a hotel.

When vacationing in someone?s home people should be reminded that it is not like a hotel and that the luxuries of home are not included.

little off topic, but get the papertowel before you wash your hands so you won't have to touch the dispenser with clean hands, then keep it to open the door, you don't have to use your hands.:blush:

ladyinspector

Beach Comber
Feb 3, 2009
little off topic, but get the papertowel before you wash your hands so you won't have to touch the dispenser with clean hands, then keep it to open the door, you don't have to use your hands.:blush:

Thats what I do and if that trash can is not within throwing distance than the paper towel goes in floor.

biddieann

Beach Lover
They would and will understand it when your cleaning lady tells you that the guest that just checked out has taken the sheets to the beach and then you can wrap up the sheets mail them to them and then charge their little credit card for it. You tell the people renting the units to their face what they can and cannot do and then hand it to them in writing and have them sign it. It is as simple as that. Rules are mostly enforced by threat of penalties.

THAT would work! :lolabove: but it's sad that one would have to go to that extent

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Thats what I do and if that trash can is not within throwing distance than the paper towel goes in floor.

Well, I guess that lets some owners know what kind of renter you might be. :D

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
ladyinspector,

One question, when you operated your own business how did you launder sheets and comforters?

Where I work, we women have made it clear that the trash can had better be right by the door or we'll throw. Most restaurants' women's restrooms do that these days as well.

And men are especially nasty in restrooms. Especially on planes. :eek: They just don't seem to have any control over where that thang is pointing. When I use a keyboard in the computer lab next to my classroom, I always antibacterialize before and after. Especially since the restroom is just around the corner.