• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ladyinspector

Beach Comber
Feb 3, 2009
Well I hate to knock you off the three legged horse you rode in on, but...

In a properly maintained rental unit the water heater should not be set at over 120 degrees to prevent scalding.

To maintain health department standards for cleaning linens that the renter will use (sheets, pillow cases, towels, hand towels, and wash clothes) the item must be laundered in no less than 180 degree water. Most local rental companies will use bleach in addition to this and I know several large scale operations even use an ozone system.

So your argument is still faulty in the fact that unless you are meeting these guidelines then the opportunity for germs, bugs, and other things to survive continues.

As to using duvet covers, unless it has an impenetrable layer such as plastic then it's not stopping bugs from taking up residence in the actual comforter.

I'm sure many owners and rental companies don't appreciate this thread right before what will be a very rough season.

Well I hate to knock you off the three legged horse you rode in on, but...

Well, Well, now, now even you have gotten up on your high horse. I don't care to take a cold bath so you can believe that my hot water tank is turned up.

Oh as for you knocking me off of my three legged horse, you my friend are not even close. If this thread can make all of you figure something out then it served its purpose.

If you or anyone else feels the need to hate me for it then so be it. I'm sure you all will come up with a better solution to the current problem at hand. I'm not the one renting condo's out with comforters that are not been washed but once a year that is some of you.

I have only brought it out into the public eye. Once a month would be better than once a year wouldn't it. Question: Have you ever sat your bare aXX down on a comforter before. Now do you see its a little different than people sitting in a movie theater. Please

Address the problem at hand and stop trying to shot the messager. This is not about me its about you.

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
Ladyinspector,

I'm curious as to how you know how many times a year condo owners are washing their comforters?

Do they tell you that? Do you assume?

Do you know if they are washed once a month, biweekly, weekly, yearly, every two years, daily? How do you know this?

If you do not have accurate information, I don't think it is any of your business to assume anything and spread rumors around. jmo

steele mama

Beach Fanatic
Mar 14, 2005
Newnan, Georgia
Mid -Apri I will meet you on the glorious sofa at the Red Bar with Baby Evan, I think Camden and Rowie could be best of friends. The germs can bring their own dates to the party. ;-)
I bet you are talking about Easter weekend? Planning to be at my parents in MS and then go to New Orleans for a couple of days for Cale's Spring break but maybe we will get back and get a day at Grayton. Cale and I have neither one been to New Orleans so we thought maybe his spring break would be a good chance. We could go out on a limb and get together in Atlanta! Anyway, we'll catch up sometime! Give Evan a smooch.

ladyinspector

Beach Comber
Feb 3, 2009
How many times have you heard, "Sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite"? This lighthearted rhyme doesn't diminish the creep factor of bedbugs, tiny six-legged insects that hide during the day and feast on your blood at night.
Bedbugs inject an anticoagulant to keep your blood flowing as they suck, along with a numbing agent to keep you from feeling them when they're at work.
Bedbugs aren't known to spread disease to humans, although they may be host to the organisms that cause hepatitis B and Chagas' disease.
[FONT=&quot]To help prevent bedbugs from becoming residents in your home: [/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Inspect any room you're about to inhabit while traveling.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]After you return from a trip, check your luggage for insects that might have hitched a ride. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Change bed linens at least once a week, and wash in hot water of at least 97 F (36 C). [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Vacuum around the home at least once a week, paying special attention to areas surrounding bed and furniture posts.[/FONT]

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Dear ladyinspector,

What bit you in the rear? What is your agenda here? You seem very mad about something and I wish you would come clean.

Still confused,

Miss Kitty

ladyinspector

Beach Comber
Feb 3, 2009
Musta been those bloody bedbugs. :scratch:

Just the fact of people renting these units out and not cleaning the comforters but once a year and making up excuses to why they don't care enough about the well being and health of the people supporting this DXXM place. Not to mention the attack on me for bring it to the light. There is no excuse for not cleaning the comforters on these beds PERIOD. It is a health issue. One that will be address very soon.

STL Don

Beach Fanatic
Mar 7, 2005
Just the fact of people renting these units out and not cleaning the comforters but once a year and making up excuses to why they don't care enough about the well being and health of the people supporting this DXXM place. Not to mention the attack on me for bring it to the light. There is no excuse for not cleaning the comforters on these beds PERIOD. It is a health issue. One that will be address very soon.

Mr. Monk would be very proud of you.