• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach
Publix has their boneless, skinless chicken breasts on sale for $1.99/lb. again. Better get there before geo and jdarg. The dargs got a new freezer, so watch out!! :clap:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Go pluck some cluck! :clap:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Mimi called me from Publix yesterday- but I couldn't get by there. I don't think Geo has room for chicken- he loaded up on pizza last night!

Is it still going on? I thought it ended yesterday.:sosad:

mot

Beach Comber
Aug 6, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Mimi called me from Publix yesterday- but I couldn't get by there. I don't think Geo has room for chicken- he loaded up on pizza last night!

Is it still going on? I thought it ended yesterday.:sosad:

Sale ends at close of business Tuesday, March 10th :D

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach
They were out of the smaller 3-packs yesterday afternoon, but they assured me that more were on the way and would be here early this morning. A sowal run on chicken???? :lol:

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
So far since Wednesday we've had grilled chicken breasts, Cajun Chicken Pasta (yum), and tonight we are having Chicken Tacos (I think). Hopefully will be able to pick more up tomorrow (btw, Winn Dixie's sale paper has chicken breasts in the big pack buy one, get one free)...also, "assorted" pork chops are $1.79 lb. Hard to pass that up, even though with "assorted" they always put the pretty ones on the top and then you open the package and find the odds and ends on the bottom.

Now, not changing the subject...but at Publix, they have the farm-raised frozen ez-peel shrimp in the bag on sale. I have never, ever prepared frozen, raised-somewhere-else shrimp, though I'm sure I've been fed some in chain restaurants. I am making Shrimp Creole this weekend; would I be OK to use these? I almost bought some, then put them back, then got them back out, then put them back...

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
The shrimp are fine, not as good as fresh local, but they are okay. In fact many times these are what your buying out of the seafood case. ;-) One of the seafood guys told me that one time and saved me about $2.00/lb.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I ve gotten the frozen bag seafood a couple times and it is definitely not as good as the stuff at the counter! I know technically there isn t a difference but my experiences w shrimp, scallops, and crab legs would beg to differ! :wave: