• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

iwishiwasthere

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Tennessee
:clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1:
Merry Christmas! The photos are the BEST gift to all on the board.

dbuck

Beach Fanatic
Jun 2, 2005
KY
Beautiful pictures as always. Wish I was there. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

DBOldford

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Napa Valley, CA
:love: Yesterday was so beautiful on the beach. The water was cerulean blue and as still as a pond. The beaches at Grayton are soooo high, as is Western Lake. Not many people here and very lovely at night. Pretty warm, but you won't be swimming. Looking at the pool suits us just fine for this trip!

We went into DeFuniak for the "Reflections on the Lake" and it was breathtaking. My brother says there are not more than 5 million lights and they are all reflected in that perfectly round lake. They ask for a $3 per person donation, which goes to help pay for the power, but it is well worth it. In fact, I found the decorations on the antellbellum homes around the Lake at least as beautiful. It is great to see people buying those old houses and renovating them.

Expecting our family tomorrow for the holiday weekend, then a week of R&R afterwards. It is wonderful to be here this time of year. Merry Christmas, everyone!

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Thanks Kurt...your photos soothed my soul after being in traffic!

Donna...you're "home"!!!! Thanks for the update...sounds fabulous!

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
Sueshore said:
Thanks Kurt...your photos soothed my soul after being in traffic!

Donna...you're "home"!!!! Thanks for the update...sounds fabulous!

Ah, talk of "home." We've become very close to the couple who manages our condo complex. They're the same age as my parents and they look after us like parents, too. Merman and I call them our "beach mom and dad." Today we got a card from them wishing us a Merry Christmas, and an admonition to "come back home! we miss you!" :love:

That's what they tell us, every time we roll into Seagrove Beach from Indiana--"welcome back home."

tivoli

Beach Lover
:rotfl:
kurt said:
Yesterday, the Gulf was as calm, and the air as clear, as they ever get.

http://www.sowal.com/photos-122205.html

051222-grayton-259.jpg
Kurt,
Thanks sooooo much for the wonderful Christmas present........the SoWal
pics!!! The pictures were all gorgeous!! I especially liked seeing the WaterColor homes going in behind the Publix. Your pictures make one of
the best Christmas presents ever; especially, having to stay in Indiana
for a few more days. I truly appreciate all of the extra time you put
forth for the people living away from SoWal. We get to see what it
would look like if we were there now!!! :rotfl: Boo Hoo!!!!!!
Merry Christmas to you!

Patterson

Beach Comber
Nov 16, 2004
Just beautiful, Kurt. Thanks for such a nice Christmas reminder of the most beautiful place in the world. (even with all the civilization encroaching)

Have a wonderful Christmas with all your friends and family.

We'll be at the PINK house for New Year's.

Did you say someone was pregnant?

By the way, I notice I'm logged in at "Patterson", but this is really "Oldtimer".

steele mama

Beach Fanatic
Mar 14, 2005
Newnan, Georgia
Patterson said:
Just beautiful, Kurt. Thanks for such a nice Christmas reminder of the most beautiful place in the world. (even with all the civilization encroaching)

Have a wonderful Christmas with all your friends and family.

We'll be at the PINK house for New Year's.

Did you say someone was pregnant?

By the way, I notice I'm logged in at "Patterson", but this is really "Oldtimer".
Figured it would be YOU piping in! Merry Christmas. We are going to see The Family Stone today. I'm on steeleing3's computer but at least I remembered to log in as me.....this time. :love: Great pics, Kurt. I'm in SoWal and haven't gotten to see the beach yet. Now that 1 lives in DeFunk.